Everything taste bad

dewy3
on 6/4/09 3:30 pm - Rochester, WA
Hi everyone,

I am 6 weeks post op and trying my best to get in my protein.  Does anyone know of a good unflavored protien?  Everything I try now just gags me.  I feel like eating has become work since all foods and all the protein I have tried just makes me feel like I am going to hurl.  Has anyone else felt this way and if so how did you get over it? 

Thanks for any help you can give.

Cherryl (dewy3)

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/5/09 12:20 am - WA
Cherryl, Lots of people have the same problem, Call me and I can tell you about some sampler packs you might want to try!  (253) 939-8865

Merrilou
Susan O.
on 6/7/09 12:13 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
HI Cherryl!
   Just take it easy, sweetie!! You are still healing, and things are going to be "iffy" for awhile. Eat the things that go down best FOR RIGHT NOW. In another 2-3 weeks you should be able to take a little more protein without the yucky side effects. Keep up your water and vites, and the protein will come along. Forcing yourself to gag something down will only make it more difficult for you to "accept" protein in the near future when you are healed and your storage tanks start getting low. Call me if you jotted down my number, and if not, PM me with your number and I'll call you.
   Sometimes in trying to do all the right things we make it harder for ourselves. Keep breathing...it really will get better!
Hugs, Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

jillianD
on 6/11/09 12:02 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You are in Ketosis, so you are pretty normal to me!  It will get better, just keep trying new things.  I know Isopure was the only thing I could get down for a long time.  It is a premix and they sell it at the VitaminShoppe on the westside.  I think it is like 40 grams for 1 bottle

Good luck!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

dewy3
on 6/11/09 2:56 am - Rochester, WA
I keep trying different things.  I did pick up one of the Isopure but it didn't taste very good.  My husband told me to get a couple of different flavors and keep trying them.  That is what I am doing. I did manage to get one of the pure protein "can" shakes down yesterday.  Didn't taste all that great but it went down and I didn't gag or throw up.

Thanks for the help.
Cherryl

jillianD
on 6/11/09 10:21 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Try blending with some ice.  I know I had to have everything really cold and watered down.  The cold helps numb the tastebuds I think.  LOL  Sometimes it is a smell thing too, try putting it in a sports bottle so you can't smell it.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active