Frustrated...

Susan O.
on 6/7/09 12:27 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi T!
   You are   NORMAL   !!!!  
We all go through the worry of loss of control and regain. The very fact that it is on your mind means you are very aware and on top of it! You have lost so much so very fast that your body needs to catch up. I stopped losing 9 months out, and then at 13 months when I thought I wouldn't lose any more, BAM - I started losing and lost 30 pounds. HOWEVER - even though I didn't lose any weight in those 4 months, I lost inches! So accept the stall as a sign your body is resting from all the hard work it has been doing and watch for the changes in your figure. Also, use this time to work on an exercise program, and stay away from the scale! 
    I'll show you how I pack my vitamin at the next TTNT meeting - maybe it will work for you.
The suspected hernia needs to be checked out soon - but shouldn't be an emergency unless you are having pain or discoloration in the area.
Hugs!
Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

sassietigger
on 6/7/09 3:42 pm
Susan,

Thanks so much for your thoughts & advise... I look forward to getting to another TTNT meeting.. my work schedule has been kinda hectic... when is the one in June?...

Thanks again,
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Susan O.
on 6/8/09 12:57 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Keep reminding yourself that last year at this time you might have been gaining weight each month!
You are doing great!

The TTNT meeting are back on schedule for the 4th Monday of each month. June's meeting will be on the 22nd. Hope to see you there!
Hugs, Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

mychoice2008
on 6/8/09 6:08 am - Seattle, WA

Hi-

My surgery was 10 days before yours with Dr. Oh. I am overall very pleased with my progress so far (136lbs) but I have been in a major stall this month and am very discouraged. I have at least 50 more to lose and the total for the month is 6 lbs! (Last month I lost 17lbs).UGH!

I am going to switch up my "routine" a bit, up my protein and water and change around my menu. You have had incredible success and I am sure our slow loss/stall will break soon. Best to you!

21 pounds lost on 10 day pre-op diet
Most Active