Frustrated...

sassietigger
on 6/4/09 5:39 am
A few things that I'm letting frustrate me lately....
* my appetite is back... I'm scared I'm gonna lose control
* i can't seem to "remember" to take my vitamins... (and we know how many Dr S wants us to take)
* i seem to be at a stall
* think i might have a hernia at the top incision site

I'm also really nervous about my upcoming appointment... my labs are due... (see note above *2 ugh) and the scale has not moved down this month....

Send me some positive wow's... thoughts.... a kick in the bum... whatever it all might help me get back on track...

you're the best.
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

debbie O.
on 6/4/09 6:20 am - snohomish, WA

First thing to remember Terri is..... you have done wonderfully and you are nearing your goal, the weight loss does SLOW but it doesn't quit so have faith, this stall will pass!

To try and control the appetite try going almost "carbless" lots of protein seemed to help me when the appetite roared back and try and discover if there is something triggering your need to eat; stress, boredom etc.

The vitamin thing will also work it self out because when that nurse says..... "you fill in the blank".... seems a bit low you will remember to take your vitamins and you will stash them everywhere so wherever you are you can take them. I have them in my desk drawer, in my car, in my purse, well you get the idea because my vit b was trending down, not any longer.

The hernia I don't have an answer for I know it is something that sometime happens with an open RNY, hopefully it is nothing, but if it is it might be the excuse for plastics so they can fix that too.

Remember you have done fantastic!
Debbie

sassietigger
on 6/4/09 3:36 pm
Thanks Debbie,

I really think that the whole carb thing is a big part of my problem.  i've always allowed myself to have a little... well as with everything that little has become too much... so time to get back on track.  thanks for the kind words, and the reminder that it will work itself out.

I'm going to call the office tomorrow and see if the 'hernia' thing needs to be seen now, or can wait till my appt on the 18th...

thanks again... time to start stashing those vitamins...
~ Terri ~

Helen_Anne
on 6/4/09 7:15 am - Bremerton, WA
I agree with everything Debbie said....  I stalled about the same time as you are... and stalled again at 6-7 months.... but the scale is moving again.

I also have vitamins everywhere....  because I too forget.... I also find it amazing how I could taking  supplements almost every day... then forget for a day or so.... whats that all about????

Hang in there... you have done GREAT!!! 

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

sassietigger
on 6/4/09 3:44 pm
Thanks Helen.

I appreciate your kind words... i know the scale will start moving again soon... I'll keep you all posted I'm sure...

thanks again
~ Terri ~

Dapme
on 6/4/09 7:35 am - kingwood, TX
Terri!

Was it not at your last visit with Srikanth that he pointed out how wonderful you
look and asked you to speak at his seminars!

Your doing so great!

Don't freak out!

Denise
sassietigger
on 6/4/09 3:45 pm
Yeh, but that was LAST month denise. lol.  The scale hasn't moved since then and I haven't been a good girl with following any of the things he recommends... i will get better though. and It will be okay :)

anyways just wanted to say thanks for the kind words and the support.  i appreciate it.
~ Terri ~

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/5/09 12:16 am - WA
If you are hungry, more protein drinks will help with your appetite! Don't look at the scale too often , I am 7 years out and I only get on the scale about twice a month. Try setting your vitamins out where you will see them all the time. My insurance paid for my tummy tuck -I had a hernia, It was a good thing!! You are doing so well keep it up you will be fine! Come to the Support Group Meeting at the Eagles in Auburn on the 10th. Get out in the sunshine and smile! 

Merrilou 
sassietigger
on 6/5/09 2:22 am
Thanks Merrilou,
I put my vitamins in one of those daily things so i can see what i've "not" taken... I've done better.  I wish my insurance would cover the TT, but I just don't know if they will, plus I can't take that much time off work yet... But I'll see what Dr S says when I see him.
I plan on being at the support group meeting.  I will have family in town, but this is something i NEED to do.  So they will just have to understand that.
Thanks again... I'm forcing 3 protein shakes into my day again.  And I think (KNOW) my calorie intake has been too high, so it's a new day and I'll do it right today.... one day at a time.
I'm complusive about the scale... I'm sure I'm not the only one... Maybe when I've hit goal it will be easier to resist...
~ Terri ~

Laurie Landy
on 6/5/09 7:30 am - Puyallup, WA
Hey marylou I wanted to come to the support group in Auburn.  Can you please email me the details on it?  Can anyone attend?  I need all the support I can get :-)  Thanks!!!

Most Active