6 Days Post Op!

Purple_Sparkles
on 6/4/09 1:26 am
Oh my did I really say Post Op!??! Yes I Did! I am officially on the losers bench...I still can't believe it. I am amazed at how fast everything went. This is going to be a long post believe me. Just because I have to record everything that happened from my last blog. But the short version is: I had my OpenRNY, I have 25 Staples, almost a 6 inch opening, I am doing fantastic, there were no surgery complications, and I am at home...Hope you read my blog for the rest! 
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
sassietigger
on 6/4/09 5:21 am
I sent a request to be added as a friend... I'd love to follow your blogs :) 
WELCOME to the losers bench :)  WOO HOO.
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Helen_Anne
on 6/4/09 7:17 am - Bremerton, WA
Yeah.... I am glad you are home...  I hope your trip home went well....  I am sure you are resting better at home...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

bzlatich
on 6/4/09 3:04 pm - Kennewick, WA
nicole

welcome home, glad you are dong so good. i'm going to go read your blog, see you at teh support group meeting next week

take care
barb

BTW...i'm down 93 pounds and it will be 6 months post-op for me on teh 16th, im hoping to lose 7 more before i go back to my DR on june 29th.
Barb
bzlatich
on 6/4/09 3:09 pm - Kennewick, WA
nicole

i cant get into read your blog, it says its private or doesnt exist, i thought we are already friends on here, maybe not, can you become my friends if were not already, i know you know how to get around this site better then me

thanks
barb
Barb
Donna Childress
on 6/7/09 9:57 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Nicole,

I'm so glad you are home!  I will try to "get in" and read your blog.  I sincerely hope you are recovering well!  As for me, I've been having a HELLISH time.  Terrible naseau at first, but am also lucky.  Never had any real pain.  Didn't even take pain meds.  About 3 days after surgery came down with sinus, and ear infection.  Tried to force liquids - terrible time and could not tolerate vitamins at all.  Got so weak and sicker,  Infection went into chest - back to doctor again.  More antibiotics by shot and mouth - and no sleep because of coughing.  Thank God tummy didn't hurt bad on coughing.  My surgery was almost 2 1/2 weeks ago???  On 21 May - time is fading.  Got so weak and hungry I was really bad and moved on to pureed food.  Protein shakes just weren't enough at the moment.  Think cottage cheese pureed with avocadoes saved my BUTT, along with licking a little peanut butter off a teaspoon.  Only things that seemed to taste good and go down ok.  Finally feeling a bit better and am walking about a bit more now.  Think I'm finally going to be able to see that better day and am feeling hopeful.  There for a while.....I was really starting to wonder if I would ever make a turn a round.  Now I just have to hope I didn't stretch my pouch with cottage cheese and avocadoes - I'll have to do my blog soon.  Just haven't felt up to it - perhaps tomorrow I will write a book in it!  All I can add is the darn nurses at the hospital should wear a DAMN MASK when they have a cold.  Wish I could remember the darn nurses name that gave this too me so I could file a complaint!  About all I can remember is her coughing and sneezing and I told her to please wash her hands before touching me!  I was pretty out of it!

Please get well soon too.  I'll pray for your speedy recovery!

Donna/ragadolly

Donna Childress
on 6/7/09 10:01 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi again Nicole,

I couldn't find your last blog with all your updated surgery and now home information either.

Hope you're doing ok.

Donna/ragadolly

juicyprincess
on 6/9/09 5:30 am - Tacoma, WA
WOW, Yeah AND CONGRATS! 

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Most Active