Looking for a bariatric surgeon that implements follow up care in WA

Cathy R.
on 6/3/09 10:01 am - yelm, WA
I'm in the Olympia area and really liked what Dr Neal offered in his practice but we had insurance issues that couldn't be overcomed.  Now I'm back to looking again and so far the closest one that I have found is in the Portland/Vancouver area.  My primary insurance is Medicare.  Any suggestions?  I like the laproscopic lap band procedure but am concerned with the many fills it may take, especially if it isn't covered under insurance.  That and then there is the distance.
MissKasey
on 6/3/09 10:34 am, edited 6/3/09 10:34 am - Bothell, WA
I am working with Dr. Kelly Clinch at Evergreen Surgical Clinic out of Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland. I know that is a long way to go.  Evergreen is a Center of Excellence and from what I understand they work with Medicare. The only insurance I had an issue with for them was Premera - Blue Cross which luckily is my secondary insurance.

Per the surgeon and I quote, "After the required healing time we don't make you wait for fills, if you are eating more than the needed amount you probably need a fill. If we do one this week we won't make you wait six weeks maybe a week or two and have you come back. We want the optimum result for you."

The nurse quoted almost the same thing to me today in her own words.

Something to look at. 

http://www.evergreenhealthcare.org/top_nav/health/Sr_Health_Classes/Sr_Classes_Evergree.htm

Just a thought.

Kristine
Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

Cathy R.
on 6/3/09 11:47 am - yelm, WA
Thank you for the information, I see two of the doctors I've been considering.  Now I need to get the bravery and contact them and the one I've been consdering down south and see if any of them take Medicare.  It really took the gas out of my tank after the last experience.
MissKasey
on 6/3/09 1:56 pm - Bothell, WA
I fully understand. I was in a similar position 2 years ago with my insurance....to just finally confirming a surgery date today!  It only took 3 years to get to this point. :)

I wish you all the best in your search. Let me know how it works out.

Kristine
Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

Most Active