RAGADOLLY UPDATE

Donna Childress
on 6/1/09 8:41 am - Maple Valley, WA

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to tahnk you alll for your continuing support and kindness.  I'm still having major problems with my vision.  I can barely make out my computer screen - it's all fuzzy!  Can't figure out why - Dr.s say get in more protein and liquids.  Believe me I'm trying.  Was finally feeling a littel better - but got hit by a really nasty cold yesterday.  Now running a fever again, but it's staying below 100.  I'm drinking and resting all I can.  If it move4s into my chest - I will head to my family doctor.  I'm feeling pretty discouraged right now and tired of being so weak and housebound.  I can't wait until I'm finally feeling beter and can go at least for a drive - but still too shakiy and weak now.  I am getting in three protein shakes a day now, ate a lightly fried egg yesterday, and squished avocado with cottage cheese is ok too.  guess I'm jumping ahead quite a bit on the liquid diet, but just couldn't stand that anymore.  My stomach feels pretty darn good, no pain, just light gas, loose stools, and weakness.  I hope I'm not stretching my pouch by taking in squishy foods this soon?????  Would love to answer you all now individually, but I'm still feeling just too wiped out and I definitely don't want to head back to the hospital.

Love,
ragadolly/Donna

S.A.R.A.
on 6/1/09 1:17 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hey Ragadoll,

I just learned that I am vitamin A deficient... one of the symptoms is blurry vision. Not sure what else could cause it but maybe that could lead you in the right direction.

Hope you start feeling better soon

~Michelle
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Donna Childress
on 6/7/09 10:08 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your information.  Sounds like that could very well be it.  I just have not been able to get in all my vitamins.  Had to have hubby drive me to get a different brand and supply of vitamins because my stomach wasn't tolerating them.  So will save the old ones when tummy better and am taking powdered "unflavored"  ones now.  Just started them yesterday and so far so good.  Hopefully vision will clear up within a few days and I will get more strength.  Had my surgery on the 21st  of June so I BETTER BE BETTER SOON.  I'm super loaded with antibiotics too.  Doctor says if not mostly cleared up by Wednesday to come back in.

Thank you,
Donna/ragadolly

MissKasey
on 6/1/09 1:31 pm - Bothell, WA
Take care of you...and hopefully soon you will be on the mend.

My thoughts are with you!

Kristine
Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

Sheryl R.
on 6/2/09 5:19 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Donna,
I'm sorry this recuperation has been so difficult for you.  I hope you feel a lot better very soon.
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

Most Active