RAGADOLLY IS HOME AND ALIVE - BARELY!

Donna Childress
on 5/26/09 11:26 am - Maple Valley, WA
hI ALL MY BUDDIES.    Just wanted to let you know that I survived surgery this past Thursday - the 21st.  Had a very rough time with dry heaves and spent 2 full nights and full next day in hospital.  Couldn't keep anything down and anti-nauseau medication made me worse.  Didn't take any real pain meds - didn't push button.  Felt too sick to hurt I guess.  Had a CAT scan and lung scan and finally got cleared for home lateSaturday night.  I'm so tired and weak having difficulty drinking.  Finally said screw it and had protein shake yesterday and today.  Feeling just a tad stronger.  Can't see straight though so please forgive typing boo boo's.  Hope I have more energy soon.  Just so darn tired AND HUNGRY, but can't seem to stand water or lightened fruit juices.  Everything tastes so chemically sweet.  Will try to write again when I come more out of my fog - or is it a comma - sometimes I'm wondering.
Love you all and miss you,
Donna/ragadolly

MissKasey
on 5/26/09 1:09 pm - Bothell, WA
Glad to hear you are doing okay.  Get better soon!

Kristine
Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

mauringa
on 5/26/09 1:31 pm - Lacey , WA
Donna--
  So glad that you are home---I hope you feel better soon!

Maureen
micheleshelly
on 5/26/09 2:18 pm - Yelm, WA
Hi,
I have been following your posts and am so glad that you are home and on the mend, although it sounds like you have had a rough few days. I was actually worried about you when someone posted wondering how you where doing and there was no reply for a few days.
-Glad for you that your surgery is behind you and on the path that you have waited for with potential obstacles put in front of you.
Michele
Beetle
on 5/26/09 11:53 pm - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Poor Donna, you sound miserable.
I don't live all that far away from you (I'm in Fairwood) - if you'd like some help with something or even just some company, send me a note and I'll come see you.
I'm crossing fingers for a speedy recovery.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Sheryl R.
on 5/27/09 1:36 am - Buckley, WA
Hi Donna,
I'm so relieved to hear that you're home.  I'm sorry you've had such a rough go of it.  I hope to hear that you're feeling much better soon.

Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/27/09 2:06 am - WA
Hope you feel better soon! Call if you need anything!

Merrilou
Dapme
on 5/27/09 3:24 am - kingwood, TX
Donna.......

Sorry your suffering. On the bright side....you have your  RNY! Yeah!

Get better!

Denise.
Forevrtaja
on 5/27/09 5:54 am
Donna

So glad that you are home.......welcome to the LOSERS Bench!
I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
LisaAnn
on 5/27/09 9:18 am - WA
I just wanted to send my wishes for  a speedy recovery!!! I hope the pain and lack of being able to drink passes FAST!!! I am sorry you are so sick!!! But very glad you are home and healing!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active