a great store for syrups and more: Cash & Carry

Kathy H.
on 5/22/09 9:24 am - Kent, WA
mommyof5 mentioned Safeway having the SF coffee syrups available on sale, right now. I love finding sales!!! :)

Another *great* place to buy these syrups is at Cash & Carry. They have a HUGE, massive wall of the stuff in every flavor and they always run around $3.79. They carry both DaVinci and Torani. So if you're looking for an oddball flavor, or can't find your flavor in SF, Cash & Carry is... your place.

It's a great little store, even if you're not looking for coffee syrups. They cater to small espresso stands ... much like Costco used to. BUT... it's a much smaller store, no membership required, always great parking available. Their shopping carts SUCK monkey butt, but you can find some great deals.

They have snacks for your kids' lunches (think individual packages on sale at your espresso stand)... nuts, chips, gum, jolly ranchers, etc. Lots of frozen stuff... burritos, seafood, desserts,
lasagna, soup bases.

A lot of their merchandise is in gigantic containers, but they also sell more "normal" sized portions, as well. Definitely the place to go if you're planning a party. When I need a bunch of lemons for a lemon cake or lemonade, I will go nowhere else ... they sell lemons by the bag, and they're significantly less expensive than buying them at the market.

A special note for DSers.... they carry half gallons of Half & Half for something like $2.79!

http://www.smartfoodservice.com/locations.aspx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

mommyof5
on 5/22/09 11:27 am - Seattle, WA
UUUUUUUU, thats even better!!! I'm heading there this week, thanks
Shelley S.
on 5/22/09 12:47 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
I LOVE cash and carry, my home counter looks like a barista stand with all the sugar free syrups I have on hand, and all because I get the big bottle so cheap there.  I am also buying a lot of stuff for my daughters graduation party/cookout...everything from cups and plates to burgers, dogs, cheese etc.  I am also getting a few of their ready made lasagnas for when I have family in, I can just pop them in the oven, make salad and slice bread and I am good to go.

Cant say enough good things about the place!

pam H.
on 5/24/09 1:48 am - Renton, WA
I have to agree with you, Kathy. I love Cash and Carry! I hate their carts! I can never maneuver those flat things, so I usually just carry around my purchases. The last time I was there, I dropped a bottle of Torani syrup, and it smashed into a zillion pieces onto the concrete floor. When I told the guy up  front, he glared at me! If looks could kill, I was dead. I said it would be helpful if they got some grocery carts. No response. So now I go to the Southcenter store, instead of Kent. They are friendlier there. I also get paper latte cups for my protein coffee drinks and lids for my commute. 

Most Active