gag me with a shake

vitalady
on 5/24/09 3:39 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
The irony here is that *I* am in CA en route to the ASMBS conference right now.

The only day we're closed is Sunday, so you got that right. Holiday weekends have us with skeleton crew (no shipping) and Saturday hours, 10-4. The girls (s) will be there tomorrow to help you out.

Try some unflavored. Bring some CL with you and have them mix up the Allmax natural in it for ya or Nectar Medical. Your own CL, made the way you like it and let them do things to it for you.

I also started out much like you. Was putting down about 2 gal/water a day pre-op and could barely gack down 8 oz after. ???? And protein! you don't want to know how bad it was in the dark ages. Soy. Gritty. And aspartame was a migraine trigger and there was no splenda yet, so I had to use that dilute apple juice with my soy. Took 8+ oz to mix it, forever to drink, thickened upon standing.......... OMG! We didn't find the first whey til I was 9 months out. ANYTHING woulda been better than soy! It always cracks me up when ppl try 3 or 4 choco mint or choco PB and want this refined ice cream perfection! At least it's all smooth! LOL

I mean, the first choco mght not have been GOOD, but it was way better than soy.

I was nauseated all the time, water tasted like metal, felt like sandpaper. In those days, they assumed you were doing something wrong. so, I suffered for 6 months. Then I got shuffled into Dr. Oh who dx my problem immediately. Marginal ulcer.

NOWADAYS, if you have Dr. S or Dr. Oh, they do not fool around with MU or stenotic stoma. Say the magic words and POOF, fixed. No needless suffering.

But you may be a victim of the Mystery Slimes. LOL NO reason, nothing wrong, can't find it, can't fix it....... then poof, gone, and your own tongue inhabits your mouth again, your brain clicks on, fear of eating/drinking vanishes. That wasn't my experience, but I've seen it. Heard reports on it at the conference, and only one potential explanation (having to do with those stomach chemicals we read about in the paper). It's still nothing "wrong", so can't be fixed.

But I want to encourage you to write this down, put it on the frig, hang it from your car keys, write it on the mirror. THIS IS NOT HOW THE REST OF MY LIFE WILL BE.

Got it? The early post-op yuckies DO pass, even if they can't be actually diagnosed as something with a name.

I'd strongly encourage you NOT to try any more proteins you have. turn them around, label away. You may fall in love later. Start over with some other stuff with something to get you thru the Broken Tongue Period.

Remove fingers from panic button. These last coupla weeks are NOT the rest of your life.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

juicyprincess
on 5/24/09 1:59 pm - Tacoma, WA
oh, the protein hurt...not like sand paper. at first it gags me, like the flavor, the thickness (since its thicker then water), then it feels like is is very heavy sitting there, then it feels like it actually expands (?). i then begin to feel pukey, a little light headed, a touch clamy, and then just genreally sick, it doesnt go away walking and laying dowm makes it worse but if i can fall alseep i will wake up feeling better.

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
vitalady
on 5/24/09 3:25 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
can you make it thinner? would it help if you did 1/2 scoop in 4 oz?

Does water hurt?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active