I Made It!!! (Off Scale Victory)

Anna T.
on 5/21/09 4:07 pm - Marysville, WA
I haven't been very active on OH lately, but this really is where my new life began.  I posted a couple blogs on my profile that I wanted to share on the boards.

I Made It!!!

posted on 3/22/09 8:22 pm
(Sorry, I'm a little late posting this - I'm updating from another blog...)

Sunday  (March 22) was the big day and I made it to the top of the Columbia Tower in 58 minutes 3.18 seconds - that's 69 flights of stairs or 1,311 steps!!! I know I could have made a better time but I took a few minutes on the 40th floor to enjoy the view and rest a bit before hitting the rest of the climb. From the top floor, you could look right into both Qwest and Safeco Stadiums!

By the time I made it to the 72nd floor and was on my last flight, I could hear them playing "We Are the Champions" and I started to cry... First out of relief that the climb was over, then in memory of Kelsey (my cousin who I was climbing for), and finally, out of pride - a sense of accomplishment - because in making it to the top, I was able to prove to myself that I CAN in fact do anything I set my mind to.

"The principal is competing against yourself. It's about self-improvement, about being better than you were the day before."
- Steve Young

From the coccoon and into the sky - Without making changes I'll never learn to fly!

Anna Patzer
Open RNY 11/14/2005                
388/250/150 Goal

Cynthia H.
on 5/22/09 6:13 am - Renton, WA
Wow!!!!  I have severe arthritis in my knees, so that is one goal I can never even try.  I am so  proud of you!!!!

Cindy  

Anna T.
on 5/22/09 10:48 am - Marysville, WA

Thanks Cindy!

One thing I'm starting to learn is that I really can do anything... and so can you! I've had chronic pain for as long as I can remember (and at 28 years old, that's not a good thing!!) but as I've made the changes - not only in the surgery, but in starting to exercise more regularly, eating better and changing my overall attitude about what I can do - I'm finding I am doing things I've never dreamed I'd be able to do... and this is definately one of them.

From the coccoon and into the sky - Without making changes I'll never learn to fly!

Anna Patzer
Open RNY 11/14/2005                
388/250/150 Goal

Most Active