Fort Lewis Support Group ~ Location Frustration

lady_Jennifer
on 5/20/09 8:19 am - Fort Lewis, WA
I am not the most social person (and really not a crowd person) so took me a while to get up the nerve to attend the peer led support group.  I also had other things come up with family that prevented me from attending.  But got up the nerve finally and made sure family wouldn't interfere.

And..... after I finally was ready to go, I went to Madigan only to find no one there. And to those of you in the peer group, it should come as no surprise that the people in Nutrition dept were not going to tell me either or maybe they just don't know but seems to me they were just refusing to help.  Took me a week to find out that the group moved to the Bowling Alley so following week I showed up there only to find out they  moved again but no one knows where.  I have tried searching on here, tried googling it and come up with no answers.

Can someone please tell me "if" they still meet and if so please tell me when and WHERE... I have surgery in one month and I don't really know anyone here so right now as far as support goes at this time I am my only support.

Thank You,
Jennifer

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/20/09 9:08 am, edited 5/20/09 9:28 am - WA
Jennifer, Sorry to hear about your Support Group troubles, Come join us at the Auburn meeting. We meet the 2nd Wednesday every month at the Auburn Eagles-6:30pm (702 M St SE) . In June a Representive from Life Style Lift will be talking about there program. I think we may be having a dance lesson in July but I am not sure yet. We would like to meet you.

Merrilou
Momof2ArmyBrats
on 5/20/09 2:19 pm
Jennifer-
Here is the information you are looking for....

Reminder from:   flwls Yahoo! Group

Title:   MAMC support group meeting

Date:   Thursday May 21, 2009
Time:   5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Repeats:   This event repeats every week.
Next reminder:   The next reminder for this event will be sent in 17 hours, 57 minutes.
Street:   Bldg. 2166 on the corner of 12th and Liggett
City State Zip:   Ft Lewis, WA 98433
Notes:   Until further notice, our Thursday meetings will be held from 5pm-7pm in the conference room of Bldg. 2166 on the corner of 12th and Liggett

Anna

Christine Gibson
on 5/20/09 2:27 pm - Redmond, WA
Jennifer, you are more than welcome to come to my support group meeting.  We have one toorrow night at 7:00 p.m. (Thursday 5-21-09)   My group is known as the North West Weight Loss Surgery Support Group.  Our official meeting place is in Kirkland Fire Station #22 in Kirkland.  It would be a bit of a drive, but well worth it! 

We'll be meeting tomorrow either at the Redmond Pancake House in Redmond WA  or at the Kirkland Fire Station in Kirkland.  I had sent out a general query earlier this evening. 

See my previous notice earlier this evening.  So far folks are leaning towards coming to the Redmond Pancake House.

I will be having 2 bariatric surgeons in attendance.  Yeah!   I had sent out a general query earlier this evening.  One  bariatric well-respected surgeon responded, saying, "I'd love to come, just let me know where it is.  And, can I bring another surgeon with me?"   Do you think I would say "no" to this?  

What a wonderful opportunity to get answers to questions!!!!

I may even have a personal trainer!   I spoke with one earlier this month and she said she'd love to come.  So, Jennifer, come along!  So, please do, say, "Yes!"

I'll define by noon tomorrow whether it will be at the Redmond Pancake House, or at the Kirkland Fire Station.   Right now, I'm also leaning towards the Redmond Pancake House, where we might be able to reach out and attract other morbidly obese folks to come join us.  What we are doing with our bodies and our lives because of our life-changing decisions is so exciting and should be encouraging to others who so struggle with weight.

After I hear from a few more people, I will post the place at this site, so we all know where we are going to meet tomorrow night.

Everyone, do come.  The more we get together as support folks helping each other, the more we each grow and learn.  But, please do send me an e-mail or call me (425-885-2634; [email protected]) so i can be prepared.

Blessings,

Christine Gibson, MS, MA
       ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
               Bariatric University Suport Group Coach
               www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
               [email protected]
jessikaw
on 5/20/09 4:20 pm
Hey Jen!!! Please come join us Tomorrow night! We are located where the WIC office is. If you were to go in that door to WIC, you will want to go down to the next door to the left if your facing the building. Its where the ACS door is. Thats where we meet at :O). It was frustrating to find the place when I first started. I really hope you can make it tomorrow. If you dont know where the WIC office is, its right across from waller hall connected to the MEAN BEAN coffee place... If you have any more questions just send me a message..
-Jessika
vitalady
on 5/24/09 7:31 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
And if you miss those, there are 2 per month in Puyallup.

2nd Tuesday and the next day (follow the 2nd Tuesday on the calendar--we set up chairs once), 7pm, your support person is welcome.

12105 78th Ave E
Puyallup 98373
253-848-5118

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active