My son gave me a black eye !

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/20/09 5:50 pm - Buckley, WA

Back story , for those who didn't know - My sweet Mom , who suffered for many years with emphasema , passed away on April 8th . Today (5-21) would be her 69th birthday . Anyway there is much to be done to the house & property & it's helped to keep busy . There was a ceder greenhouse , that is now a shed because the clear plastic panels on the front were replaced with chip board , clear plastic & a roll up shade . Talk about icky . Last weekend was the towns clean up days & I got rid of the non-recyclable greenhouse stuff & the roll up shade , among other junk . Yesterday (5-20) I was going to remove the chipboard & replace it with ceder board & batten , like the rest of the shed . I was doing fine by myself . I easily removed the 1st of 3 panels . My son , who is 30 , had to help . He got to the last panel & when he pulled it free , the momentum shot the panel killywampus toward me (in the shed) & hit me by my left eye . So I spent 4 hours in the emergency room . Even the doctors winced . I'm going to have Kati , my grandaughter who i'm raising , take my picture . I'm going to put it on facebook . lol . It looks so bad . So , i'm going to really lay it on thick about how this happened . He had a real attitude problem earlier in the day , so he felt a little guilty , before the accident . But , in the emergency room he was a brat . He tried to scare me about the tetnus shot needle , made comments about the nurses checking his vitals , etc... So , he deserves some payback . ., I may have a slight concussion , but the good news is that nothing got broke (I had a CT scan), I just look like crap . lol . & i'm minus a big ER copay . Could have been much , much worse .

Beetle
on 5/21/09 1:37 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Oh yikes, Kathy, what rotten luck!!

Ugh.... I bet looking at the photo will be like looking at road kill..... don't want to see, but just HAVE to look anyway, right?

I hope you'll heal very, very quickly!

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/21/09 2:19 pm - Buckley, WA
Myeye005.jpg image by kathleen61 Isn't this loverly ? lol . This was this morning . It actually looks worse , now . I'll be seeing relatives from out of town , this weekend . Oh well . I'll get lots of mileage out of my story . lol .

Dapme
on 5/21/09 2:49 am - kingwood, TX
You poor thing!

I hope it heals quickly!

Denise
PinkFlamingoes
on 5/21/09 2:21 pm - Buckley, WA
Thanks , Denise . It doesn't feel great . But , i'm sure it looks worse than it feels . Kathy

Susan O.
on 5/21/09 3:27 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
And what are you planning for an encore - breaking both legs???? Geez - take it easy! See ya Wed. the 27th?
Hugs!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/21/09 2:24 pm - Buckley, WA
I'd be okay if my son didn't help me so much . lol . He's a walking disaster . Tonight he came out to help me & even ticked off some bees . They were fine before he showed up . lol . I had to finally tell him "go in the house & watch your movie ". I plan on being there on weds .

seattledeb
on 5/21/09 8:12 pm
That's quite a shiner! I'm betting no one is going to mess with you for a while.
Take care..Deb T.
Most Active