Frustrated!!

lindsay77
on 5/18/09 1:35 pm
I had lap band done Jan 08 and am having problems with my band. My band seems to be leaking, has anyone else had a similar problem? Also, my insurance company Sound Health and Wellness is refusing to pay anything!

They paid for my surgery but say they won't pay for any type of after care....Doesn't really make sense to me. If they won't pay for after care then why pay for the surgery?

Just seems to me that these insurance companies get to play god and choose what they want to cover.

Since my band started leaking I've gained almost 30lbs, it's scary and pretty depressing.

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated!

Lindsay
Hislady
on 5/18/09 2:37 pm - Vancouver, WA
If your band is leaking the manufacturer may pay for replacement if it is a defect and not that someone missed with a fill and punctured it. Isn't there someone in Dr. Ohs office that handles that sort of thing? They seem to be a pretty good office from what I've read about them.
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/19/09 12:52 am - WA
I think you should call Dr. OH's office, or go in and talk to him! I'll bet his office will help. Good luck.
Merrilou
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 5/19/09 11:28 am
Go back to the surgeon. The insurance not paying for "aftercare" was probably meant to exclude fills / unfills, so see if there is a loophole, since a leak is more like a malfunction or failure of the product. Good luck.
lindsay77
on 5/19/09 11:40 am
Hi there!

Thanks for the the input... From what i have gathered, the manufacturer may pay for the replacement port but not the surgeon or hospital costs...

Dr Oh's office is going to call the insurance again in the next day or so. I go in for a leak test next week.
Most Active