Some pain

dewy3
on 5/16/09 3:04 am - Rochester, WA
It has been 26 days since my RNY and I am doing pretty good now that I am able to sleep all night.  But I seem to have another problem.  I think it might just be a pulled muscle but I am having a little pain at my waist on the left.  I went back to playing water volleyball and not sure if I pulled something in the pool or just what.  Has anyone else had anything like this? 

Thanks
Cherryl (dewy3)

rebeccaford
on 5/16/09 6:36 am - Honolulu, HI
I'll be 6 weeks out on Monday and I have a pain like a pulled muscle on my left side, too.  I had my surgery open...I called the doc and he said I just had major stomach surgery (I'm a revision from a VBG to RNY) and lots of things were moved around.  It's going to take some time to calm down.  I know others that have this mysterious pain in the left side, too.  I'm just taking it easy and not doing anything to irritate it.  Hopefully it will be gone by my 8 week checkup. 

Rebecca
jillianD
on 5/16/09 4:00 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You had your surgery lap right?  They usually put the biggest instrument in on your left side, the pain there last quite a bit longer than the rest.  I think your probably over did it.  Take it slow, you had a major surgery and your body needs time to heal properly.

I had pain in that spot off and on for almost 2 months.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

dewy3
on 5/18/09 1:57 pm - Rochester, WA
Glad to know that I am not crazy and others have felt this too.  I took it real easy over the weekend and plan to stay away from the watervolley for at least the rest of this week.  I am going to try to go to the mall tomorrow and walk.  Tonight I did a little on the wii fit and didn't hurt too bad.  I really didn't feel like getting out of bed all day and doing anything but I did only because I know it will make me feel better once I get moving and doing something.

Thanks again
Cherryl

jillianD
on 5/18/09 3:12 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I know I wasn't allowed to do any ab work for 6-8 weeks.  Volleyball uses a lot of core muscles.  Just keep moving, like a nice walk, soon you will be back to normal!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active