Amazing What Can Happen in a Week!

MissKasey
on 5/15/09 10:05 am - Bothell, WA
Its absolutely amazing what can happen in a week!

Finally clarifying several things....Apparently I have super insurance but the surgical clinic never knew it until I asked if they had called to find out what the insurance company needed for requirements to submit for authorization to have the predetermination for the surgery.

My insurance only requires height, weight, BMI, 5 year weight history, previous attempts at losing weight and a nutritionist appointment. No psych evaluation. That was required by the surgical center. So here they have been sitting on all my requirements for the past month and they could have had the preapproval. 

I have been working on this diligently trying to get this complete due to gall bladder issues. I am in pain all the time and it has to come out so between the surgeon and myself we agreed to do both in one with only one recovery time.

Come to find out today they submitted my information and now its the waiting game...but they submitted it with a tentative surgery date of 05/28/09 and urgent at this point.

Its amazing what can happen when the right hand talks to the left and some people actually find out what is going on. 

So I am excited...I should know before the end of next week!

I am still waiting but....all in all....things should fall into place!

Miss Kasey
Day of surgery 292/Current 279/ Goal 180

Sheryl R.
on 5/15/09 10:50 am - Buckley, WA
Good luck to you.  I hope you hear good news fast!
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/17/09 2:28 pm - Buckley, WA
Since there was no update , i'll assume you didn't hear anything friday . I hope you find out that you're approved , 1st thing in the morning . I bet you're sitting on pins & needles . Kathy

MissKasey
on 5/18/09 5:49 am - Bothell, WA
I am on pins and needles. I know according to the insurance company when they submit for approval it's a minimum of 48hrs. So I have until tomorrow to wait.  The only other thing I have to wait for is, I just came back from the psychologist evaluation. Having been down this road before, his exact words were, "There is nothing on my end from stopping you from having this surgery." So he is going to take the time today and tomorrow to write up the report and get it over to the surgical office, hopefully in time for them to get the insurance information.

I will sit here and keep myself busy since my manager gave me the rest of the day off paid and I have so much around the house to do....and how often does anyone get time off on such a beautiful day?!?!? 

Thanks for checking in!  It is truly appreciated :)

Kristine
Miss Kasey

VallartaTiffany
on 5/19/09 1:37 pm
What a small world!  I'm waiting for approval and should also know by tomorrow :)  I also am seeing Dr. Clinch and have a tentative surgery date of 5/28 lol  We could realistically be having surgery on the same day!  This had to be my first post here and say "Good luck"  :)

After 3 long years of soul searching and decision making 4 weeks ago I decided to go forward with a consultation with Dr. Clinch's office.  That same week I had my apt with the nutritionist and a week later the psychiatric evaluation.  My paperwork was submitted Friday and today I got a call from the doctor's office stating that my insurance/company needed one more piece of information...which I faxed today.  I never expected this to move so quickly!  

Keeping you in my thoughts Kristine!

Tiffany

MissKasey
on 5/19/09 2:43 pm - Bothell, WA
Good Luck to you too!!  I am so excited for you!

I am hoping to find out by tomorrow (keeping my fingers crossed). They submitted all my information to the insurance with a rush due to I need to have my gall bladder removed as well.

It would be really neat to have someone I know having surgery the same day.

A co-worker friend of mine was supposed to have hers on the 28th but is still "soul searching" and has agreed to June 18th since Dr. Clinch is out on June 4th.

I wish you all the best in your journey through!

You are so lucky things moved so quickly for you....I am finally making it to the end after 3 years. I know others have waited much longer but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Kristine
Miss Kasey

Most Active