Finally---I've got an appointment with the surgeon

mauringa
on 5/13/09 9:15 am - Lacey , WA
I have finally been given permission to head over to the surgical clinic and make an appointment---so I have an appointment with Dr Beekley ob June 1st!

Maureen
Shelly W.
on 5/13/09 1:38 pm - Sumner, WA
Awesome.  I remember how it felt to get the approval to go forward.  That is so exciting.
--Shelly

rebeccaford
on 5/13/09 2:49 pm - Honolulu, HI
That's so great, Maureen!  It will be here before you know it!

Rebecca
Carrie P.
on 5/26/09 7:28 am
Maureen,
Dr. Beekley did my surgery on March 11 of this year and I loved him.  He is completely wonderful as a surgeon and just in general, very caring.  I hope you do well!  I've lost 55 so far!
micheleshelly
on 5/26/09 11:09 am - Yelm, WA
Maureen,

June 1st in very near.

I think that I was doing my psych eval at the same time you did at Madigan. We joked about a few of the questions.

I look forward to hearing your news after you see Dr. Beekley June 1st. I have an appointment with him on June 10th. I was hoping for an appointment sooner as I am a teacher and only have a short time frame to have surgery and then re-coop time before school starts back up. Anyway, I am hopeful with a June 10 date that it will all work out during my summer break.

I really am having a struggle with what type of surgery would be best for me. I am leaning toward the RNY, but I think mostly because that is more or less the path that Madigan seems to take most people on. However, I will not make my final decision until I see the Dr.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you decided on the VSG?

Michele
YouRMySunshine
on 5/26/09 12:44 pm
Hi Michele,

I had lap band almost a year ago and very disappointed...so I am meeting with a surgeon for a  bypass.  Let me know what you decide and maybe what leads you there.

Laura
micheleshelly
on 5/26/09 2:26 pm - Yelm, WA
Laura,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. This is all such a big decision, it is interesting how many different surgeries there actually is to think about. I'm sure it is a good thing, but selecting to have surgery is hard enough without have to decide on the type.

I am looking forward to talking directly to the surgeon, it seems that this decision should be decided on an individual basis.

I have been on the pathways through Madigan and for the most part it appears they do mostly RNY however with the change of Dr. it appears that more options are becoming available there.

Good luck to you,
Michele
mauringa
on 5/27/09 12:31 am, edited 5/27/09 12:32 am - Lacey , WA
Hey Michele---
   SO first of all---I take it you passed the psych eval too--LOL---Congratulations---I hope that you are able to get in and get your surgery in time to recoup before school starts up again!

As for how I came to the decision---I was at Dr Sebesta's Seminar and was bond and determined that I was having the Lap Band---but when he started talking about it I was kind of turned off by all the things he was saying---and I kind of started to go into panic mode thinking "OK well I guess it is the By Pass then----" and then Dr Sebesta started talking about the VSG---and I don't know just this peace came over me and I just felt that was the one for me---I had struggled with my decision to have WLS for so long and all of the sudden I was a peace---that is the only way I can describe it----I know that may sound crazy---LOL---but the Psych eval says otherwise---Now that being said if someone said to me from a medical perspective the RNY would work better for me then I would have it---but for now since that has not happened I will stick with the VSG. 

Best of luck to you and I hope you come to a decision that works for you---let me know how things go for you!

Maureen
Most Active