I've paid & reserved

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/10/09 2:46 am - Buckley, WA
Hey all . I have paid to attend the August conference . And , i've reserved my room at the Westin hotel . I won't be in the OH block , though . All of the rooms available have 2 beds . I didn't want to share a room , since I snore . My room-mate would get no sleep . lol . If you need to stay off the OH block , for some reason , ask about other specials . Since I'm not in the OH block & won't get that special , I asked . I paid full price for friday & got saturday 1/2 price . This saved me over $50.00 . I hope there will be lots of us from the Wa. board , there .

Helen_Anne
on 5/10/09 3:05 am - Bremerton, WA
I am going... but I am not sure if I am going to stay overnight....  I would be fun to stay friday night... since it would be a hassle to commute back to Bremerton.

But maybe some of my Bremerton/Kitsap County peep's want to carpool????

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

maxs_mom
on 5/10/09 4:16 am - Auburn, WA
This is AWESOME news!  This is going to be a TERRIFIC event (because WE are going to make it one)! 

To quote The Pointer Sisters, "I'M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT..."

Amy

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/09 1:52 pm - Buckley, WA
Yep , it'll be a good time . Are you going to stay at the hotel ? It looks like they have a lot of amenities . Kathy

mortonmanor
on 5/10/09 1:12 pm
 We also made reservations to stay overnight (eventhough we live in Ballard!). I'm currently booked in the OH special, but was looking on line and found a shopping special for $199 per night, but they give you a $100 gift certificate per night for “the Bellevue Collection" including Bellevue Square, etc.

I am thinking of changing to that as we would likely spend the $200 on clothes, etc so we'll just hold off on a couple of purchases until then. That will bring the effective rate down to $99/night rather than the normal rate of $139/night.

One question, why not use the OH rate and just sleep in one of the beds. I'm sure the empty bed won't care if you snore :)

David

RYN 4/28/09
with Dr. Landers 

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/09 1:50 pm - Buckley, WA
The way it worked out , I save a little more money .  How do you know the spare bed won't mind ? lol  . It should be a fun time . I went to an event in Irvine 2 years ago & really enjoyed it . Kathy

Cheryl N.
on 5/11/09 10:50 am - Des Moines, WA

I am going to the event and it's exciting that they are getting interpreters!! 

I won't be staying at the hotel, doesn't make sense to waste money since I live just south of downtown seattle and it's an easy drive (well its bec of the way I drive! LOL)

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/09 1:44 pm - Buckley, WA
I don't blame you . If I was closer I wouldn't stay , either .

sassietigger
on 5/12/09 4:30 am
I'm going too... but not spending the night... I'll be crashing at my sister in laws in Kirkland.  Works for me :)  I'm sooo looking forward to it.  Got the official that I'm off fri / sat & sun :) woo hoo.
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/12/09 1:51 pm - Buckley, WA
I have to call in , on that friday . I couldn't get it off . With as crazy as my life has been the last month , it'll be good to have a distraction .

Most Active