If you are more than a year out..

girly_girl
on 5/8/09 1:29 am - McChord AFB, WA
What are you eating?  Since WLS I have had two pregnancies (kept losing weight with them and had to eat non-WLS style meals) and been pretty laxed  about what I have been  eating, but I want to be on the right track.  I was doing ATKINS for the last 3 months but my weight loss stalled.  I called my doctor and they were NO HELP. The nurse rushed me off the phone, but said it sounded like I was over doing the protein. I currently weigh 160, but have been down to 148, my goal is to get to 145 but I honestly forgot how to get there according to WLS guidelines.  What do you eat? What do you suggest? TIA.
Angelina 
Pre-Op: 253 - Lowest: 148 - Current: 158
Helen_Anne
on 5/8/09 2:00 am - Bremerton, WA

Hi...

While I am NOT a year out... I found a Gastric Bypass Food Pyramid from a NUT.  I can send you a copy if you PM me with your email address... it is in PDF format.

I showed it to  my NUT and she said it is a good place to start... and adjust the protein depending on your height.  The NUTs at  my surgeons use a formula to figure out your protein needs... mine is 69 to 89 - since I am 5'10"... my friend who is 5'8" is 65 to 85 (I think.. I will confirm). I will find out what the formula is and post it.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 5/13/09 4:18 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey Helen I would like to see that too do you mind??
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

curiousasacat
on 5/14/09 12:14 am - WA
Ditto what Jilly said! I just got over my longest stall  5 weeks! 

vitalady
on 5/8/09 6:10 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
15 yrs
normal food, no milk, no sugar

bfast, egg, bacon, toast

lunch yesterday was part of egg salad sandwich

dinner was left over chicken 'n rice, cooked in borth & stuff

Between snacks were fruit or part of fruit

But I do 180g protein in supps per day. I weight right around 100# now, but my usual is 110-115.

I don't count protein in food.

We have support groups here next week, May 12/13 and you are welcome to attend. Doc or surgery type don't matter. 7pm. I'm off Canyon Rd and 112th (between Canyon and Costco).

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

girly_girl
on 5/9/09 2:28 am - McChord AFB, WA
I would like to come this week. Can you pm me the address? Thanks so much.
Angelina 
Pre-Op: 253 - Lowest: 148 - Current: 158
vitalady
on 5/9/09 1:46 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
12105 78th Ave E
Puyallup 98373

May 12 and/or 13, 7pm, adult support ppl welcome.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/8/09 8:19 am - WA
I eat small portions( NO SUGAR OR MILK)and chew chew chew!  It helps also 3  to 4 protein drinks a day. The Auburn Support group meets May 13th at the Auburn Eagles (702 M st. SE) we are learning a line dance which should help with ballance and burn calories.

Merrilou
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/09 11:22 am
Hello Merrilou,

What time is the support group in Auburn?

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/10/09 2:11 am - Buckley, WA
I had a Medial RNY , so i'm supposed to drink 4 shakes a day . I say , supposed to , because sometimes I don't get that many in . I don't really eat food , very often during the day . I have a very busy job . It's easier to mix a shake . I eat a good dinner with the kids . I eat the meat first , vegies second . I use my surgeons protocol . Kathy

Most Active