Failed pre-op breathing tests

Donna Childress
on 5/8/09 5:15 am - Maple Valley, WA
Thank you Nancy for sending the good vibes.  I'm doing my best to stay on top of things - between Dr. Oh's office and my family practitioner, I now have two different pulmonologists I will be seeing before my surgery to get two opinions - I don't want to take any chances after coming this far with my WLS battle with insurance, etc.  You definitely need to be your own advocate in this fight.  Dr. Oh's Office has been WONDERFUL in helping me since I got approved - they have been very well-coordinated in setting up my pre-op appointments, nutrition counseling and everything.  I'm super-duper pleased.  I'm keeping my chin up and am down 4 pounds already on my liquid diet - so that helps with the motivation too.

Thank you again,
Donna/ragadolly

nancy6
on 5/11/09 11:16 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Donna - That's great that you've lost 4 pounds (probably more by now) on the liquid diet!  Keep it up and I'm sure everything will work out.  You've come this far that I'm sure it's meant to be...  I'm just so happy to hear of your positive experience with Dr. Oh's office and that you are covering all your bases getting your PCP and Dr. Oh's office to get you into pulmonologists.  Take care...

~Nancy~

mauringa
on 5/7/09 2:45 pm - Lacey , WA
Hey There--
   I have no experience with this but just wanted to say that I hope all goes well for you---try to stay positive and stick to the liquids---you don't want to get the go ahead form the lung guy and then not be able to go through with it cause you didn't stick to the liquids---that would really suck!!!

Best of luck to you!
Maureen
Donna Childress
on 5/8/09 5:10 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Maureen,

Thank you for your well-wishes.  With the help of my doctors I was able to get two appointments with two different pulmonologists to get two different opinions.  I want to know what's going on for sure before I get on the operating table.  I'm being good on my liquid diet - just on day two, but down 4 lbs already.  I'm being good and taking all my new Isotonix vitamins and minerals too along with my two protein drinks aday.  I don't even want to think about jeopardizing this surgery.

Sincerely,
Donna/ragadolly

Hislady
on 5/7/09 3:14 pm - Vancouver, WA
Like several of the others I have lung disease (COPD) and my pulmonary doc was all for my surgery to help me breathe better. I think at worst they may postpone the surgery to do more testing but otherwise I think you should be OKd because in the lo9ng run it'll help your breathing. Best of luck!!
Donna Childress
on 5/8/09 5:04 am - Maple Valley, WA
Thank you so much for your reply.  I now have two different appointments with two different pulmonologists - so now I can get two different opinions right before my surgery date hopefully.  Has the surgery helped you much with your COPD?  I sure hope so, because from reading up on COPD and the symptoms and signs - I'm strongly guessing I have it too.

Thanks again,
Donna/ragadolly

Hislady
on 5/8/09 2:50 pm - Vancouver, WA
Unfortunately I haven't lost much, only 50 lbs. with this stupid lap band, so it hasn't made much difference for me. What helped most was quitting smoking, now that was hard! You should do much better tho with the RNY, best of luck to you!
Most Active