Job Search! Part-time w/benefits, please!

greggipod
on 5/3/09 9:43 am - Lynnwood, WA
Hello everyone!

I have been reseaching companies that offer medical benefits to their part-time employees.  (esp--Whole Foods Market, REI, Starbucks, Barnes & Noble...)

I am interested if anyone has had personal experience working for any of these companies--or knows someone who has been approved for WLS through any of these companies' respective insurance carriers.  I am considering changing jobs--but I want to make sure whichever company I move to, that their insurance covers bariatric procedures--NO EXCLUSIONS!

Please note:  I have worked for Starbucks in the past, and I would prefer avoiding a repeat performance! 

I look forward to your sage advice...

Greg
Purple_Sparkles
on 5/3/09 10:11 am
I know there is a girl on the 20s forum that has worked for Target PT with Benefits and she is having her surgery. Hmmm now to remember her name...
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
rebeccaford
on 5/3/09 12:05 pm - Honolulu, HI
I wish I had some answers for you, but I'll keep an ear out for you.

Rebecca
Shelley S.
on 5/4/09 3:18 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Check into Safeway, if I'm not mistaken, they offer benefits that cover wls as well.

I wish I had better/more answers for you, but I too will keep my ears open for you

Andrea C.
on 5/4/09 4:18 am - Arlington, WA
i know you want part time, but if you can get on at Marshalls or TJ maxx full time you will be covered. I work for Marshalls and their insurance is through Blue cross blue shield of MASS. this will be the second time i have tried to get approved and i the first time i was approved rather
quickly but couldnt go further with the surgery at that point in time. there is a marshalls right there in alderwood. I love the company so maybe if you can get on there , go full time and wait 3 months there is a good chance it could happen.
greggipod
on 5/4/09 4:48 am - Lynnwood, WA
Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, I'm a full-time student, so full-time employment is simply not an option for me.  :)
Cheryl N.
on 5/5/09 12:34 am - Des Moines, WA
UPS?  I'm not sure about their benefits but I think they do provide it.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active