Dr. Shrikanth

sassietigger
on 5/4/09 3:23 am
Nancy,
I can't agree more with everything everyone said.  Dr S is awesome :)  nuff said. lol.
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Teresa R.
on 5/4/09 5:01 am - Yakima, WA
Dr. Srikanth did my rny last Tuesday and I am absolutely positive I chose the right surgeon! He is the absolute best!. He has an awesome bedside manner, too! I have no complications from surgery.....no nausea, diarrhea, soreness. etc.
I would highly recommend him to anyone! My husband said that he didn't think Dr. Oh has a good bedside manner based on his observation in the waiting room. I'm sure that others have different opinions though.

Good luck!
Dapme
on 5/4/09 5:56 am - kingwood, TX
Put me on the list as well!
I think he is great!

Denise
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/5/09 8:06 am - WA
Dr. Shrikanth did my tummy tuck, I think he is wounderful!
taterbug66
on 5/5/09 8:55 am - Poulsbo, WA
Hello,  I noticed you chose Dr. oh for your surgeon.  Just curious why you didnt have Dr. S do your WLS....?   If thats to personal i understand.
xkendrax
on 5/5/09 2:03 pm - Yelm, WA
I had a DS with Dr. Srikanth in March.  He's absolutely wonderful!

MySpace: myspace.com/xkendra
Highest: 261 / Surgery (03/11/09): 242.3/ Current: 122.8/ Goal: 105

taterbug66
on 5/5/09 2:07 pm - Poulsbo, WA
Thank you!!   Good To hear!!!!!!!!   Best of luck to you!~

Nancy
Cynthia H.
on 5/12/09 12:51 am - Renton, WA
I, too had Dr. Srikanth for my lap band surgery.  I can't say enough good things about him!!!
We are having a support group meeting tonight if you want to join us.  It is at 6:00 in the conference room right across the hall from his office.
We are doing a clothing exchange.

Cindy  

Cmancine
on 5/28/09 5:35 am
My name is Cheryl, and I had lap band surgery from Dr. Srikanth, while he was still with Dr. Fox, in 2003.  I was a model patient.  I even wound up doing a public television piece for him.  I lost over 100 pounds, did everything right, and was very sucessful.  Until my band slipped.

When my band slipped, I couldn't drink water without throwing up. I threw up 20 times a day. I threw up blood.

Dr. Srikanth did not squeeze me in even though I was gravely ill. I waited weeks for my appointments just like his healthy patients.  Then he told I had to have it removed immediately, although I had no insurance. It was a 20000 surgery to remove the band. I told him I had to wait until my insurance kicked in. He acted as though that were my fault and everyone should have 20000 lying around to kick out in cash, due BEFORE surgery. I finally got coverage and he informed me that I had to have it replaced or bypassed, or I'd gain all my weight back within months. (That didn't happen, by the way). I told him I was too sick to have it replaced right away. I needed some time to heal. He said then he would make me wait a year.  Then, and this is the kicker, he did the exam, looked at my tummy tuck and said, "Did we do your tummy tuck?" I said no, Dr. So and So did. He replied, "I didn't think so! We would have made it much tighter!"  Now I ask you...what was the point in such a catty remark other than to make me, the patient, feel bad??  

Okay, so finally I get my surgery day, after several more weeks of vomitting blood.  He has me show up at 5:30 a.m., and takes all his elective patients first, all the newbie lap banders, while I'm dragging my IV pole across the hallway to go to the toilet to throw up blood. He didn't get me in until after 6 p.m.  That was a nice touch, don't you think?

I've written to him about why he treated me so poorly. He doesn't respond, except with more old bills. He will nickel and dime you to death.

Oh, and one little thing they don't really explain well...when you have this lap banding...and they speak of "forced starvation," you might think that's a small price to pay for being thin...but it kills your metabolism FOREVER. So if you do need to have the band removed, garden slugs will burn more calories than you will, no matter how much you work out or how little you eat...so enjoy.

I would never recommend Srikanth...doesn't even deserve the title Dr. in my book.

Most Active