Dr. Shrikanth

taterbug66
on 5/2/09 9:41 pm - Poulsbo, WA
Just curious how many have used Dr. Shrikanth for their Suergon?    And what kind of experience did you have. 

My surgery of choice is the DS, i'm goinfg to a siminar on Monday in Gig Harbor with Dr. Shrikanth, im very excited,,,,, :-)

Thank you,
Nancy
Beetle
on 5/3/09 12:19 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Hello, Nancy  and welcome :-)

Just keep an eye on people's mini profiles here on the board. Most of us list our surgeon right there.
If you have a read here in the WA board, you'll find plenty of Dr Srikanth's patients, and I am sure I have never read anything negative about him from anybody.

You're in very good hands - good luck with it all.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

taterbug66
on 5/3/09 5:12 am - Poulsbo, WA

Thank you!!!

Nancy

juicyprincess
on 5/3/09 5:12 am - Tacoma, WA
i will be having surgery on the 13th but i did lots of homework before settling on him. I love dr srikanth, he is smart, experienced AND FUNNY, he shows compassion and i love his office staff, they resond quickly to evetrything i have call for to date. they even got me in 2 1/2 weeks for surgery after my insurance approvale (thats quick)

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
taterbug66
on 5/3/09 5:20 am - Poulsbo, WA
WOW 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thats FAST...!   I'm actually going to a siminar with Dr,. Oh on May 11th to meet him and see which surgeon i lke tjhe best.....  I have deffintley done my home work, i've been researching since 2001, i;m glad i took so long or i would have never found the Dueodenal Switch........

Best of luck to you
Nancy
maxs_mom
on 5/3/09 7:44 am - Auburn, WA

Hello, Nancy!

I had VSG on 11/19/2008 and chose Dr. Srikanth as my surgeon (as a self-pay patient, I literally had my choice of any surgeon.  If you view my profile, you can see my blog as well as a review of my experience with Dr. Srikanth).  He is not only an excellent surgeon; he has one of the best bedside manners of any physician I've ever seen (and I've seen quite a few due to a number of medical issues). 

Selecting the right surgeon is very important (probably 2nd only to choosing the right procedure for yourself, IMHO).  Many people actually attend a few surgeons' seminars in order to help them make a final decision.  Additionally, you can get additional insight into Dr. Srikanth by going to
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Myur+Srikanth+jjl.html
 and then following the various links.

Of course, I think Dr. Srikanth is the best.   That's not to say he and his office are without fault.  However, in the final analysis, I made the right decision for me.   I hope you find the surgeon that is right for you.

Best wishes on your journey towards a healthier, happier, and longer life!

~Namaste~

Amy

Amy R.
on 5/5/09 11:42 am
Hi Nancy,

I too had Dr. Srikanth and he is AWESOME.  I had/have some really complicated medical issues and he had to do a lot more work with me than just a "regular" RNY - it worked out great and I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.  He held my hand through the whole pre-op process when I was having problems, even going so far as to call me a home several time to make sure things were okay.  Not too many docs do that kind of stuff anymore.

The hospital (St. Francis) was a whole 'nother issue though.

Good Luck on whatevery/whoever you choose.  I honestly don't think you could go wrong with Dr. Srikanth!

best,
the other amy
Mdae
on 5/3/09 12:18 pm
i had a DS with Dr. Srikanth  not very long ago.  i think he's great.  i've had no complications at all, in fact only the first few days was i actually having a rough time (duh, it's not like getting a pedicure).  by 1.5 weeks out, i felt a million times better.  and now, i'm going on 5 weeks out, i'm down over 50lbs (total), and am having tons of mini wows, and think the whole thing will probably have been well worth it.

the hospital had a few issues, but as far as Dr. S and his staff, i wouldn't have changed a thing.  well, might've requested a shorter CC, but that remains to be seen, depending on how hard maintenance will be down the road!
S.A.R.A.
on 5/3/09 12:56 pm - Tacoma, WA

Dr. S worked on my insides and I am soooo happy he did it. He is not only smart but he will tell you like it is and will give you a talkin' to if you slack off. (Which I need)
His office staff is great and monthly meetings are starting to happen more consistently.  I am almost 10 weeks post RNY; I haven't had any serious complications and every time I "panic" about something I know that Dr. S and the girls will be there to support and help me. Please feel free to visit my weekly blog to get some detailed postings.

~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/09 3:07 pm
Dr. Srikanth is my surgeon and he is wonderful!  I had surgery in December and if I had to do it all over again I would choose Dr. S again in a heartbeat.  I had a very easy recovery and I believe that it was because i had an excellent surgeon.  He is very thourough and really cares about his patients.  I think you will find in your research that Dr. S is one of the best surgeons around.

Best wishes to you,
Most Active