Puree food stage

kschroeder
on 5/2/09 12:07 pm
I'm now 5 weeks out from a sleeve and started puree food.  Unfortunately, now that I've started eating I'm having a hard time getting the water I'm supposed to down.  I've gone from 70-90 oz to about 20 oz.  I've waited all week for it to get better, but instead I'm having back pain in my lower back and between my shoulders (making it tight to breathe).  Today I even cut back to one 1/4 cup of puree instead of three times, thinking it would get better.  Unfortunately, the water just hurts to swallow now.  The good news is that I'm not reacting to any food.  Should I be worried or going to the doctor at this point, or is this pretty normal?
jcheryld
on 5/2/09 4:54 pm
I wish I had some advice for you but I'm sure other Srikanth patients can point you in the right direction. When I had similar issues I got in urgently for an endoscopy to make sure I didn't have a stricture... good luck to you.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Mdae
on 5/3/09 12:25 pm
i'm exactly where you're at.  and yes, the water is hard.  i have a water bottle practically glued to me all day, and it's still tough, tho i find i'm able to 'gulp' water a little more easily.  i'm all proud of myself when i finish my 24 oz bottle before the ice totally melts, lol.  i also keep it by my bed at night. 

i think the water should be the #1 priority, and if you're doing well for the day, then allow yourself a little food.
S.A.R.A.
on 5/3/09 1:06 pm - Tacoma, WA
I think we have all been where you are at..... I know if I eat I miss water oppertunities. Not sure shy but I really do.

My solution has been to drink protein for breakfast and lunch, lots of H2O in between breakfast and lunch and dinner.... then I eat a small meal with my kiddies.... I honestly dont drinka again until I drink some water or a last protein shake before bed.

I try to make sure I am getting my 80ozs. of H2O before dinnertime. Its seems to be ther only thing that really has worked for me.

Unfortunatly, on days like today... I had "dinner" with my inlaws at noon... I am behind on protein and water for the whole day... now there is no way to make up what I have missed just try to do the best I can.

Good Luck !!!
~M

You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
~~Eleanor Roosevelt

Most Active