....a fat ballerina pirouettes into New Jersey

Kathy H.
on 4/30/09 1:21 pm - Kent, WA
It seems like just a minute ago that some kind person paying it forward posted a very simple, "Hey, Kathy, have you thought about the DS?" in one of my early revision board posts.

But it wasn't a minute ago. It was about seven months ago. Seven Seattle-area DS support group meetings, three surgeon-hops, two huge blood draws, an endoscopy, a cardio stress test that just about killed me, endless pubmed.org papers read, endless DS and DS surgeon web sites scoured ... and about three million questions tossed out onto the forum boards with OODLES of patient, kind, encouraging answers from you good people... both here on the Wasington board and also on the DS board.

So, I suffered one of my last indignities, today. I had to practically sit sideways in a coach seat for 4.5 hours after asking humbly for a seat belt extension and hoping to whatever gods swirl about me that the flight attendant would deliver it discreetly.

She did, but it was still obvious to everyone around me what I was doing and why. My mantra during the flight came from this site: This is not my forever, this is not my forever, this is not my forever.

I meet Dr Greenbaum tomorrow morning to go over the gory details of everything that can (and won't) go wrong. They've scheduled me for some more pre-op tests .. I'm guessing blood work. Then on Monday, my dear friend FiFi (a nickname that fits her perfectly) will drive me to the hospital to get revised from a VBG to a DS.

Wow.

I'm grateful and humbled. A little bit scared and a lot excited. Somewhat anxious, and more than a little bit eager to get this part behind me.

Think good thoughts for me, please. And for Dr Greenbaum to have steady, sure hands on Monday. Denise (Dapme - the Flying Pig) is my wonderful angel.

I knew the wings on her avatar were there for a reason.

xoxoxo

Kathy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Kathy P.
on 4/30/09 4:03 pm - Port Orchard, WA

Kathy,
   Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! So glad you are getting the revision you want.  Will be waiting Denise/Dapme's updates!
Take care!!!

GIANT HUGS-
Kathy

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Beetle
on 5/1/09 12:27 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Oh wow, Kathy..... you're nearly there!!

I'll be crossing fingers until they ache. Sending you all the good vibes I can muster up.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

rebeccaford
on 5/1/09 6:47 am - Honolulu, HI
Congratulations, Kathy!  Your date is right around the corner! 

Rebecca

Oh, also yeah! for getting rid of that nasty 'ol VBG.  I got rid of mine April 6.
mauringa
on 5/1/09 10:02 am - Lacey , WA
Kathy congratulations---
   I hope all goes well and you have a very quick recovery---

Maureen
Mdae
on 5/1/09 2:36 pm
i'm probably more excited for you than you are!  it's gonna be smooth as silk and you'll be home before you know it!

good luck, can't wait to see you at the meeting in June!  take care!
sassietigger
on 5/2/09 3:26 pm
I'm so excited for you... And yes will be praying for you also... But I know all will go well and you'll be in recovery and home before you know it :) and on that losers bench and seeing your life thru new eyes and living life with a new sexy body :) woo hoo.

much love,
terri
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

pam H.
on 5/3/09 4:32 am - Renton, WA
 You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow for a successful surgery and speedy, minimally painful recovery. I am confident you will do very well! You have waited a long time for this. It's your turn now! ((hugs))

maxs_mom
on 5/3/09 8:57 am - Auburn, WA

Kathy.

Your post brought tears to my eyes!  You were, are, and always will be an amazing, beautiful, strong, and courageous woman!  I adore your use of a mantra to survive the flight (one of the very few major indignities I suffered due to my obesity occurred on a business trip, surrounded by colleagues, on an airplane) and I applaud your graceful pirouette into "The Garden State".

Mucho positive vibes are being sent your way;  they are a brilliant billowy pink...please allow them to wash over you like a gentle misting Seattle rain whenever you have a moment to close your eyes and take a deep breath.  I am with you!  We are with you! 

Much love, my sister!

~Namaste~

Amy 

Most Active