where is my surgical coordinator?????

mauringa
on 4/29/09 3:22 am - Lacey , WA
OK so I have been patiently waiting to hear from the surgical coordinator and I finally picked up the phone and called her today---she is out of the office until May 6th.  Now that being said---it was not her voice on the V/M message---so I do hope she is OK.  But I am tired of waiting I just want to see the surgeon and get a date!  I know ,I know,  I have preached the patients game to everyone else so I should just follow my own advise but---how much longer will this go on---I started this process back in Sept.  (big sigh)

OK well thanks for letting me vent!

Maureen
sassietigger
on 4/29/09 4:21 am
Maureen,

You know the day will come... but that being said, those of us that have had it... we know what you are going thru so vent away girl.  It's hard playing the waiting game... just think this time next year you'll look back and laugh, and will be amazed at how "fast" the whole process went...

I started my journey in May 08 with my seminar,
saw my surgeon for my first appt in July,
then Aug, Sept & Oct were my 3 monthly appointments for surgery... and November had my RNY.

I thought it took forever too... now, I'm like holy cow where has the time gone. lol.

Hang in there...
~ Terri ~
 Pre Op 293, Surgery 258, Current 163 Goal 150

Sheryl R.
on 4/29/09 4:39 am - Buckley, WA
Is there another number you can call to see if someone else can get you scheduled?  It seems like they would have someone filling in for her.  I would hate to wait too.
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

mauringa
on 4/29/09 5:28 am - Lacey , WA
You would think there would be someone filling in for her but--- no---we are military---they are good at the hurry up and wait game---LOL----Oh well they say patients is a virtue---so I guess I will try and be virtuous---LOL

Thanks for the support It is so nice to have a place where people say vent away!

Maureen
Forevrtaja
on 4/29/09 6:00 am
I went through the same thing with Meg.....

They put me on a deployed surgeons list so keep calling it will pay off (just wait until she is back), if you just wait MAMC will let you wait. 

Big difference between civilian and military WLS process.
I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
mauringa
on 4/29/09 6:21 am - Lacey , WA
Yeah---You would think after all of these years I would know better---if you want something You will have to be aggresive to get it ----when it comes to the military process you just can't be nice and sit back---

I may be waiting for her at her office when she get back---LOL

Maureen
Most Active