Northwest Weightloss Center?

missjewell
on 4/27/09 1:11 pm - WA
Any one have surgery there? Was it hard to get approved with insurance?

Thank you
Britt U.
on 4/28/09 3:21 pm - Mill Creek, WA
I wanted to have my surgery there since it's right by my house. But I was a 35 BMI with co-morbidities and even though my insurance (Microsoft) covers WLS, they were unwilling to "fight" for it. And even suggested I contact them again if I hit a 40 BMI. I chose another doctor who was more than happy to go to bat for me. Might want to discuss your particular cir****tances and see if they're willing to help you get the coverage you need.

Britt
hebennett
on 4/30/09 6:16 pm
They were really helpfull to me. They just replaced my broken band . (i had 2 leakes in it)
and all I had to pay was 500.for the anesthe?????.spelling .Very nice people, it's god to know they stand behind there work, my insurance covered they first surgery,but since changed there policy and would not cover the fixing... so mad ,
But anyway they are a good place to go.
shymomma
on 5/1/09 3:54 am

two family members went there. They were self-pay, no insurance involved. They were very happy with that place. I chose to go with Dr. Trotter in Spokane. He was a  better fit for me, he is great.

highest wt. 250. pre-surgery 238.  current 142.  
Tummy Tuck  1-25-11 
juicyprincess
on 5/3/09 5:24 am - Tacoma, WA
where are you located? What is your drive for this particular office?
Just curious becasue St Francis hospital in Federal way is the only hopsital to carry dual certifications for bariatric surgery in the puget sound area. Several surgeons us this hospital including a franciscan pair (Dr Oh and Hurai) and then Center for Weightloss (Dr Srikanth). i went to several local free seminars, asked nurses i knwo who work on OR recovery rooms, and a few dieticians that i know along the way...final out come Dr Srikanth. I couldnt love him, his office more or be more comfortable with my choice, he is though one of the strictest guys around...but that would be why he has such good outcomes and its because he actually cares about you and your sucess

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Most Active