Surgery Tuesday morning!!

Teresa R.
on 4/24/09 12:52 am - Yakima, WA

My surgery is on Tuesday morning at St. Francis and I am getting anxious!! I am on day 7 of my 10 day clear liquid diet. I am literally existing off of water, jello. supplements and protein drinks. I am actually quite surprised how good I feel!! The weird thing about this is the fact that I don't really miss food. Did anyone else experience this?

juicyprincess
on 4/24/09 8:29 am - Tacoma, WA
I begin my clear tonight and am totally nervous about it. U made it to day 7, u rock! I am also going to have it at St Francis but 2 weeks after you....keep me in the loop on how you are doing!!!

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Sheryl R.
on 4/24/09 4:54 pm - Buckley, WA
Jami- Congrats on your surgery date!  How come you already have to start clears?  I thought you only had to do it for 10 days?

Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

juicyprincess
on 4/25/09 12:29 am, edited 4/25/09 12:33 am - Tacoma, WA
I thought it was 10 days too, but she said "oh your BMI is (i think it was what she said) 49.5 so you really need to lose as much weight as possible before surgery, i want you to start your clear liquid diet as soon as possible" to which i said like today? and she said "or tomorrow". Now i need to go double check my bmi because i didnt think it was that high?? Yeah...its 47.5...what ever. Its really only an additional 7 days...?

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Sheryl R.
on 4/24/09 4:56 pm - Buckley, WA
Theresa- The best of luck to you!  I hope your surgery is uneventful and your recovery is super quick!
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

rebeccaford
on 4/25/09 4:36 am - Honolulu, HI
You are in the home stretch now.  I didn't have a pre-op clear diet, but I sure do (did) post op...I'm almost 3 weeks post op and I still love jell-o and sugar free popsicles.

Rebecca
Donna Childress
on 4/25/09 5:45 am - Maple Valley, WA
Way to go!  You are almost there!  I sincerely hope all goes well with your surgery and that you get back on your feet fast.  I'm right behind you.  My surgery is coming up May 21st.  I have to do 14 days of the liquid diet.  Right now I haven't even started it yet and I'm wanting to eat everything I see and smell and favorite goodies that are floating through my mind.  I hope I don't miss the foods when I get to your point too!  I'm worried I won't be able to go without!!  You are doing great!

ragadolly

Most Active