Got my date woohooooo

jolette
on 4/24/09 6:36 am - Fort Lewis, Wa
So after a year of classes and dr apts I finally got my date its May 11th Im so excited. I will be having it at Madigan on Ft Lewis. I just wish my hubby was able to be here with me during the first few weeks. They havent mentioned anything about a liquid diet. Do all dr require a two week liquids only?
Purple_Sparkles
on 4/24/09 7:13 am
Kudos & Congrats on your date…Are you having Open or Lap? Each surgeon is different for the PreOp requirements. I am having Open and no diet.
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
jolette
on 4/24/09 7:21 am - Fort Lewis, Wa
Im having open. Im so excited but so scared. I dont know anyone personally who has had open.
Purple_Sparkles
on 4/24/09 7:26 am
Me too! Yeah my surgeon says Open=No Diet I do have to do a bowel cleansing lol tmi? Sorry! Would love to stay in touch!
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
rebeccaford
on 4/25/09 4:31 am - Honolulu, HI
I had mine open!  I'm almost 3 weeks post op.  I'm a revision from an open VBG to open RNY.  You are in good hands with Dr. Carter.

Rebecca
juicyprincess
on 4/24/09 8:27 am - Tacoma, WA
Congrats!!!! I am so excited for you, what a great week this has been!

starting:282
6/25/09: 232.2
Momof2ArmyBrats
on 4/25/09 1:17 am
Congrats on your appt!!! I don't think Madigan requires a liquid diet...I had mine done Lap and I did not have to do one. Have you been to any of the support groups on Thurs night? There is quite a few people who have had Open surgery and had Dr. Carter as their surgeon.
Anna

Donna Childress
on 4/25/09 5:09 am - Maple Valley, WA
Congratulations!  Me to, I just got my rny surgery date too!  Whether you have to do the 14 days liquid diet all depends upon your surgeon.  I'm having my surgery done with Dr. Oh and he does require the 14 day liquid diet.  Usually you see a nutritionist a few weeks before your surgery and they let you know then.  If not you need to call your doctor and find out for sure.  The reason many doctors have you do the liquid diet is to help shrink your liver, etc., for better visibility, and also to help clense out your stomach/intestines for better visibility too.  At least that's what I've been informed.  Always best to check with your own doctor.

I wish your husband could be with you too.  Is he in Iraq - if so God Bless Him, my son-in-law is over there too.  GOD BLESS ALL OUR MILITARY MEN, WOMEN, AND FAMILIES!!!!

RAGADOLLY

Sincerely,
ragadolly

Most Active