Major Goal Acheived!!

Emerald47
on 4/24/09 10:53 am - Renton, WA
Hello all! It's been a bit since I've last logged on to OH.com, but I have reached my #1 goal - I had my full knee replacement surgery (at St. Francis) on April 9th!!! YIPPEE!!

All went fairly well, although I did have some pulmonary issues that I didn't have with my WLS. It was very ironic actually!!

But everyone is VERY happy with how well it went, and I am doing very well at Physical Therapy. I am going up and down stairs already, and can do almost everything on my own. The doctor is very pleased, and of course states that the main reason all has gone so well is my weight loss prior to the knee replacement (I had WLS because of the accident which required the new knee!) and so my #1 goal for my WLS has been reached. I now have to come up with more goals!

I should be good to make it to the support group in Federal Way in May, and I look forward to WALKING in on my brand new knee! I might still need the walker, but I am doing so well - I might not!!

Hope all is going well for everyone!
Blessings!

Sheryl R.
on 4/24/09 4:51 pm - Buckley, WA
I've been wondering how it went for you.  I thought you were having it a week ago Tuesday, the day of the last meeting.  Did they move it up?  I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. 
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

Emerald47
on 4/25/09 2:24 am - Renton, WA
Yes, thank you! They did move it up (the doctor realized the original date was spring break I guess!!)
I was actually home by the last meeting, but still not able to make it out anywhere! I was thinking about all of you, and I hope you all found some good proteins - wish I had been there!!
It is a goal to make it to the next meeting in May, although I will probably be using my walker still!!
Hope to see everyone in May!

Dapme
on 4/25/09 3:05 am - kingwood, TX
Thats great news. I am glad to see you doing so well!

Denise
Most Active