dewy3 at home

juicyprincess
on 4/24/09 1:00 am - Tacoma, WA

Welcome Back Carter! I am sorry you arent feeling tip top, but you have made it over your first big hurdle! I am so glad that wonderful hubby of yours is there!

Hope you feel well enough for monday (27th) but i totally understand if you dont.

Keep us all posted (TTNT especially)...

dewy3
on 4/24/09 3:51 am - Rochester, WA
Thanks.  I am feeling better each day.  It is nice to go to sleep at night knowing I will feel even better the next day.  I am going to try to get out of the house today for a short walk.  My house isn't that big and I have been walking around and around.  But I could use some fresh air.

juicyprincess
on 4/24/09 4:01 am - Tacoma, WA
i am going to just be 23 days behind you!! We are going to be surgery cousins!
dewy3
on 4/24/09 4:25 am - Rochester, WA
Hey cousin.  I am so thrilled that you will be with me on the losers bench before too much longer.  I weighed myself at home today and I am down 4 pounds since surgery.  I haven't weighed at home since the morning of surgery.

Donna Childress
on 4/25/09 5:53 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Cherryl,

Glad you are home with your hubby.  I sure hope I can get my hubby to take a few days off work to be with me.  My hubby is a work-a-holic, but he is also supportive.  Wow, so you get to have pureed food already.  I thought it would still be just clear liquids.  I haven't had my appointment with nutritionist yet - so I really don't know much about the afterwards.  All I know about at this point is 14 days of clear liquids with a couple protein shakes a day before surgery.  Somehow pureed eggs does sound really gross though!  Think I'd rather drink the chocolate shakes - some of those are really good and I love chocolate!
Hope you feel better soon and I can't wait to be on the looser's bench with you soon.

Donna/ragadolly

dewy3
on 4/25/09 12:44 pm - Rochester, WA
Each doctor is a little different on what they have you do before and afterwards.  You will do just fine too.  Some of this pureed food doesn't taste all that great but for the next month that is what I get to eat.  I did find that I like pureed chili but the hard part will be waiting for an hour to get to drink some water.  I could really use some right now.  Still have 45 minutes to go.

Cherryl / dewy3

Kathy P.
on 4/28/09 4:13 pm - Port Orchard, WA
So glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Don't rush going back to work. Dr. L wanted me to wait for one month. I negotiated down to three weeks since I could flex my hours and leave if I needed to. Even so, week three was exhausting on some days. Glad your hubby has this week with you!
Agreed...Overlake rocks!  I can't remember my room number though! I faced out onto 405. Nice lights at night!

I didn't do pureed eggs...I was allowed to eat scrambled (I added ketchup on top).  Doc and NUT said scrambled was soft enough.  Who is your NUT?

Take Care...and WELCOME TO THE LOSERS BENCH!
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Most Active