dewy3 at home

dewy3
on 4/23/09 5:19 am - Rochester, WA
Well I am home.  Still not feeling all that great.  I know each day will be a little better than the day before.  Overlake hopsital and the staff were wonderful.  I couldn't have asked for better care.  My husband is home with me now and doesn't have to go back to wor****il Monday.  I hope I am feeling more like normal by then.  I can't seem to gag down the pureed eggs not sure what we will have for lunch yet. 
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.  I am glad to be on the loser's bench.

Cherryl

Cheryl N.
on 4/23/09 6:35 am - Des Moines, WA

YAY! Glad your home.  Sorry it took a little longer for you, but as I said you were in good hands and I knew you were going to be ok! :)

Yep Overlake is awesome, isn't it?  Which room did you get? Facing 405 or the east?  I was facing east and in S522. 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Susan O.
on 4/23/09 6:40 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hi Cherryl!
  Glad to hear you are home. Take it very easy, and remember drinking (keeping hydrated) is more important that eating right now! In fact I'm surprised to hear you are trying eggs! My doc only allowed clear liquids for the first week! They all see to have a different idea of what is best for us!
  Hope your honey can stay close to home for another week or so in case you need help, but if he can't, be sure to let us know if you need help.

Hugs!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Cheryl N.
on 4/23/09 6:53 am - Des Moines, WA
Susu, I think all doctors/programs are different. 
I had the same surgeon as Dewy3 did, except I had lapband. 

I think for that program Lapbanders were to do liquids for a week and RNYers can eat the next day with soft food after surgery. 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Forevrtaja
on 4/23/09 7:06 am
Cherryl,

Glad to hear your home.  Looks like you and I are exactly 1 month apart.  For me, I had open RNY and the so far the first 2 weeks were the roughest for me.  For now I am learning each day containes new normal. 

Get lots of rest, protein and keep up on your liquids it really really makes a difference in how you feel. 

Wow, pureed eggs!  I am really surpised your eating those, my Doc had me on liquids for first 2 weeks (low fat cream soups/broths/jello/sf jello) then I could try cottage cheese and eggs.  Don't feel  bad about gagging on food, your tummy is ANGRY with you right now, it will get better.

Good Luck and hope we can get that support group started in Olympia and we can meet.

Michelle
I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
Cheryl N.
on 4/23/09 7:17 am - Des Moines, WA
Just asked a co worker who also had RNY at the same hosptial/same doc.. her response was

Day of surgery is nothing by mouth, not even water. Second day is fluids only, if I remember. Third day you start on food

Like I said before surgerons are different.

dewy3
on 4/23/09 7:37 am - Rochester, WA
Yep that is right. On day 3 if we pass the "leak" test. We get pureed food.  Oh yummy.  NOT.  I did manage cottage cheese for lunch that wasn't too bad.  Took my tiime eating it. 

Overlake hosiptal was really great.  My room was S526.  The sunrises were great to see.  Even had a couple of student nurses that were wonderful.  Colleen was the name of one of them and I have to say that she was probably the best one for making sure I was comfortable and was right there anytime I needed anything. 

groha1
on 4/23/09 8:28 am - Lacey, WA

I'm jealous. I had to eat pureed roast beef and pureed carrots! I would have preferred cottage cheese! :  )
Take Care
Deb

dewy3
on 4/23/09 8:35 am - Rochester, WA
Oh I had to have the pureed roast beef and carrots for lunch before I left the hospital.  I got to leave before dinner so  don't know what they would have given me for dinner. I am just glad to be at home.

jillianD
on 4/24/09 12:15 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Glad to hear that you are home and moving right along!  I hope we get to meet at an oly support group soon!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active