Dewy3 (aka cheryl)?

juicyprincess
on 4/21/09 7:06 am - Tacoma, WA
Anyone heard from her? Her surgery should have been yesterday...
Cheryl N.
on 4/21/09 11:49 am - Des Moines, WA

Nope I haven't heard anything.  I hope she's ok, but I know she's in good hands of Dr. Landers, as he was my surgeon also.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

dewy3
on 4/23/09 5:40 am - Rochester, WA
I am home.  I had a hard time waking up after surgery.  I guess my surgery went over and hour longer because of scar tissue Dr. Landers had to take care.  My husband was going to try to get online to let everyone know I was ok but he didn't want to leave my side for anything other than going to the bathroom.  I tried to gag down eggs this morning so we won't be doing that again for awhile. 

Sheryl R.
on 4/23/09 6:16 am - Buckley, WA
I'm glad to hear you're home now. Take care of yourself! Don't you have to be on liquids only for a while?  I didn't think you could eat anything at 3 days out, but of course I have no idea what the "rules" are for your type of surgery.  I hope you have a great recovery and feel great soon.
Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

dewy3
on 4/23/09 7:29 am - Rochester, WA
My doctor only has people doing the liquid diet one day before and then the of surgery we don't get anything.  The day after surgery we have to have this "leak" test to make sure everything is working ok.  Now the stuff they make you drink is really GROSS!.  I thought I was going to throw it back up right after I took it.  If everything is ok with this test then we have water that day and then on the 3rd day we are put on pureed foods.  My husband is going to go to the store for some instant oatmeal and sugar free puddings.  Maybe my dinner will be better.

Most Active