Looking for a Support Group in Olympia/Lacey area

Forevrtaja
on 4/20/09 4:16 am
Does anyone know of a WLS support group in OIympia, Lacey or even Shelton area?  I work full time and can't get to Madigan at 3 for the one held in the nutrician clinic.  I think I would benefit from attending!

Any help is appreciated

Michelle
I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/20/09 7:17 am
I have thought I'd like to start one (I'm in Olympia) and others have posted they would like one here as well. The problem is finding a free or cheap place to meet. The library has meeting rooms available, but they are booked way into the future for any reasonable hours. I thought it would be fun to make some protein snacks for people to try, or maybe have a clothing exchange of stuff we'd undergrown. If you have ideas of a good place to meet, I'm game.
Deanne
Purple_Sparkles
on 4/20/09 7:34 am
You might want to call a church or a bank they usually do these types of thins for free.
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
tinyshad
on 4/20/09 9:09 am - Rainier, WA

I too would be interested in a support group in that area.  I live near the Rainier area (12 miles East of Lacey) and could offer my house if anyone is interested.  Charmayne

Charmayne

Shelley S.
on 4/20/09 11:14 am - Ft Lewis, WA
The support group that meets at 3 is only one of 2 groups that Madigan people have access to. We meet every Thursday from 5pm-7pm in the conference room of Bldg. 2166 on the corner of 12th and Liggett at Ft. Lewis.  It's a group of anywhere from 20-40 people with lots of topics and guestion/answer time.  We would love to have you join us if you can make it 

mauringa
on 4/20/09 3:22 pm - Lacey , WA
Hey Shelly---
   I have a couple of questions about the Thursday support group---but can not get on your profile to PM you??   I guess the mail thing I was wondering is what is the difference between the two groups???  I have been to the Tuesday Group a couple of times and it is a greatr group---but I was just wondering why 2 and whats the difference???

Thanks,
Maureen
jillianD
on 4/20/09 3:35 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
The 2nd group is self supported by the people that go to the group, and we are Not affiliated with Madigan.  The hours are better for most people and the time is longer.  I think it is a great group of people.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

mauringa
on 4/20/09 3:57 pm - Lacey , WA
Hey Jillian---
   Thanks for the quick answer---I will try to make it to one of the Thursday meetings---I am going to go with the whole "the only stupid question is the unasked question" philosophy and ask this next one---LOL---so is it for per-op as well as Post-op???  

Thanks Again!
Maureen
Shelley S.
on 4/20/09 11:44 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi there, I'm glad Jill got to your question before I got up this morning  hahah.  Thursday group, like she mentioned, is self run so we have no "leader" from Madigan, each week someone volunteers to lead and usually has a topic of interest, then opens the floor up to questions and where we share something good or bad or nothing at all if one prefers.

The group is for pre and post op, ANY surgery since Madigan now does 3 different kinds and we have people who are years out from surgery all the way to those just starting the pathway.

Hope this helps a bit   

mauringa
on 4/21/09 1:58 am - Lacey , WA
Thanks Shelly,
   I will definatly try to make it in the next couple of weeks!

Maureen
Most Active