Anyone still waiting to attend Pathways at Madigan??

LisaAnn
on 4/17/09 11:45 am - WA
Just wondering how many of us are still waiting to be called for out Pathway classes?

I attended the first appt. on March 5, 2009. I spoke with the patient advocate the other day and they have changed things around some, but from what she thought, it will be about 4-6 months before we even get our call to begin...

Just wanted to meet others in waiting!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Turtle13
on 4/17/09 1:53 pm - WA
Hi there, I am still waiting also. I just called last Thursday to check the status. I am ready to start the classes too.
Turtle   
SW/CW~252/145
jessikaw
on 4/17/09 2:58 pm
Hey! Im sure the wait wont be to long. I was told the same thing back in September time frame and only waited about a month. I kept calling wondering how long my wait was because they said I was on a Wait list but noone could ever tell me my number. So i annoyed the hell outta Meg, until someone called me. I just had my surgery last friday tho with Dr. Haque, hes about to deploy so thats going to put one doc outta the service, which will kinda slow things down.
rebeccaford
on 4/18/09 10:53 am - Honolulu, HI
HI Lisa...I hope it happens soon for you.  Time to get rid of that nasty VBG :-) 

Rebecca
Shelley S.
on 4/18/09 11:24 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Actually if he deploys, that's two surgeons down because Sebesta is still out until the end of summer from what I understand.  Sadly the wait list is about that long right now because of surgeons being gone and others going on vacations and such.  But hang in there, your time will come eventually

mauringa
on 4/19/09 3:56 pm - Lacey , WA
Just to give you some Idea of what the time frame seems to be---I got my referral back in Sept. and attended the Surgeons seminar on Oct. 5th from there I was on the wait list until late February----I attended Meg's class on Feb 23 and then the other Pathway classes from March 10 through April 7th.  I am currently waiting for the results of my Psych eval to be forwarded on to Meg---not sure exactly what will happen after that---Except that I will have one more appointment with Meg.  She is a very busy lady but does her best to get people in -----in a timely manner---there are alot of people on the waiting list.  My best advise is just be patient and they WILL get to you---I know it is easier said then done---believe me---I know---Right now I keep thinking I just want my date so I can start planning my future--LOL---but I have also realized that the harder I push the slower it seems to go---Also use this time to research research research----Because to them---how much you know is directly related to how prepared you are!

Good luck to you!!
Maureen
LisaAnn
on 4/20/09 1:37 pm - WA

Hi all. Seems there are a few of us still waiting. I am sure it will be a bit of time with the deployments and all.

Rebecca, HI! How are you feeling?? How is it in comparison??  Tell me all you can! LOL...First and foremost though, I hope you are healing fine and doing well!!!!

Guess patience will be learned here! LOL

As for the research....oh yeah! I hear ya! I have been researching since 2003! I am just about researched out... but yet, here I am, still researching! 

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Most Active