Monday check in time

dewy3
on 4/17/09 3:55 am - Rochester, WA

I just got the call from Overlake hospital and I am to check in at 9:10 am on Monday.  My surgery is at 11:10.  I am really excited now.  I just hope everythng goes smoothly and can get on to the next part of my life being more healthy and active.

Cherryl

Cheryl N.
on 4/17/09 4:29 am - Des Moines, WA

YAY!!  Congrats!! Will be watching for ur post after your surgery. u know Overlake do have free internet in the waiting room or free wifi in your room, if you are up to posting!

Wishing you a speedy recovery after the surgery!! U are in good hands, as I often say! heh

I checked in the hospital at 6:25 am and had my surgery about 8 something, I can't remember and woke up at 11:50 am.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

dewy3
on 4/17/09 4:43 am - Rochester, WA
I still am a little shocked that it is all happening.  My husband is planning to take the laptop with us so that when I feel like it I can post a message.  So move over and make room on the losers bench. 

Cheryl N.
on 4/17/09 5:02 am - Des Moines, WA

So you did the pre-registration over the phone?  For some reason, they didn't wanna do it via relay so I had to drive over to Overlake after work the night before my surgery to pre register at 4 pm and it did take quite a long while and it kinda stressed me out bec of rush hour traffic home and getting ready for surgery plus I was HUNGRY for food, cranky, etc!   No food day before surgery!   But at least they provided an interpreter for pre registering.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

dewy3
on 4/17/09 5:07 am - Rochester, WA
Yes I did the pre-registration on the phone back on Monday.  So I don't have to do anything else but show up on Monday.  I plan to leave earlier than I need to but I tend to get lost and I hate feeling rushed in traffic. So I am sure I will get there early but that is ok. 

juicyprincess
on 4/17/09 5:05 am - Tacoma, WA
OMG I am so excited for you!!! Guess you will be missing our next suport group meeting, but that is a great reason!!! Keep us posted somehow on your progress...can one of your kids log in and post?
dewy3
on 4/17/09 5:09 am - Rochester, WA
Is the support group on the 20th?  I have it down for the 27th.  If it is the 27th I am going to try to make it.  It will depend on how I am feeling.  I need to find out for sure which day the meeting is. 

juicyprincess
on 4/17/09 5:19 am - Tacoma, WA
ya know i dont have my schedule with me. hopefully it can be the 27th and you can come fresh from healing.
riky
on 4/17/09 6:32 am
Congratulations!! good luck with your surgery!!

Riky
pam H.
on 4/17/09 3:17 pm - Renton, WA
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I won't wish you luck, because I know you will do well! I was very pleased with my care at Overlake. The 5th floor staff was awesome, along with everyone else who cared for me (preop, x-ray, lab, etc.).
We have saved a nice spot on the loser's bench for you!

Most Active