2nd Insurance Appeal turned in - Please Pray for Them to Accept Me

Donna Childress
on 4/18/09 3:34 am - Maple Valley, WA

Well, it's done!  I had my doctor fax in 71 pages of documentation on Thursday after my last physican documented 6 mo. weigh-in for my 2nd insurance appeal.  I'm feeling fairly confident that they will approve me this time.  Sent insurance everything - plus more that I could think of, facts, figures, documentation, chart notes, every month weigh-ins with doctor, weekly weigh in-s with Weigh****chers, etc.  Reading all the insurance crazy requirements - I'm pretty sure I even over met them - I hope they are burried in all those pages I had faxed to them.  I even called them afterwords to make sure it was all received!  They said yes and that I should have my answer within 15 business days - sooner I hope.

I SINCERELY WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND SUGGESTIONS FOR WHAT I SHOULD PUT IN AN APPEAL.  Everyone has been so kind and caring.  Your support, suggestions, and caring has been so important to me during this long process and I don't know how anyone could get through all this red tape without your support and knowledge.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

And.....lastly, if you could please say a little prayer for me that insurance will approve.............

God Bless,

Donna/ragadolly

Sheryl R.
on 4/18/09 12:54 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Donna,
I am praying for you!  71 pages, wow!  They better approve you this time.
The best to you.  Let us know as soon as you get word!

Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

Donna Childress
on 4/21/09 3:07 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Sheryl,

Yep, 71 pages of stuff - I just hope I didn't give them too much information this time.  Guess part of me was so angry at my past denials that I wanted to bury them under papers!  Shame on me - ha ha ha.  Now that I have them in I'm a nervous wreck.  My insomnia and restless leg syndrome has come back with a vegence.  I just want to get this all over and done with - it's been so long - just like it has for you.  You've lost so much weight and done so well on your own - I'm so proud of you!  You must be getting really close to your six months of dieting - I thought you were already there???  I sure hope you can get all your paperwork turned in soon too and that both of us will be joining that happy bench of WLS biggest loosers.

Believe me when I get word - I will let the whole world know - I just hope my news is positive!  Don't know if I could bear being turned down again.

Donna

Purple_Sparkles
on 4/19/09 2:20 am
Goodness 71 Pages. I am praying for a fast turn-around and approval!
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
Donna Childress
on 4/21/09 2:59 am - Maple Valley, WA
Wow Sparkles!  Did you accomplish your six months dieting and get your surgery date already????  If so, that is fantastic and I'm so happy for you. 

Thank you for the prayers and hopefully I will get my surgery date soon.  Have to admit I'm not looking forward to that 10 days of liquid pre-surgery diet.

ragadolly

Purple_Sparkles
on 4/21/09 7:35 am
Hey Girly! I am still sending you approval vibes! I had a Weight Loss Supervised Diet with my obgyn for 11 months and we turned in that to try for an early approval; I was still doing my “new 6 month PCP Diet" and that’s what is on my signature. But as of April 1st 2009 BCBS of MI waived the 6 month diet for bmi’s over 50. So I am really now through with my 6 months. WooHoo. I am stoked! Now I am thinking about you!
Nichole05/29/09 Open RNY Surgery!!! On My WLS Journey!! 
Currently --115lbs as of 11/18/2009!!
Kathy H.
on 4/19/09 9:50 am - Kent, WA
Best of luck to you, Donna. I know it's been a long haul for you.

Kathy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Donna Childress
on 4/21/09 2:53 am - Maple Valley, WA
Hi Kathy,

I'm still sweating bullets waiting for my hopeful approval.  Thank you for your wishes and I hope you can get your DS soon.

Thankyou,

ragadolly/Donna

Donna Childress
on 4/22/09 8:55 am - Maple Valley, WA
YIPEE!  I WAS JUST APPROVED!  THANK YOU KATHY FOR YOUR WISHES AND SUPPORT!

RAGADOLLY

juicyprincess
on 4/21/09 7:05 am - Tacoma, WA

I am there with you right now. I have gotten 3 denials and I just faxed in all my 12 month pcp and dietician notes, 5 yr weight history. that is what their policy asks for to qualify. I am so freaking out, but know i should not get rejected, i did all they asked!

Keep fighting!!!!

Most Active