Plastic Surgeon Question

morgansmommy
on 4/13/09 9:49 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Hello, I am 4 and 1/2 years out and ready for plastics! I have a large incisional hernia that needs repair as well. I am awaiting an appointment at UW for consult for both and have seen a plastic surgeon at VM where I had my RNY surgery. I want a few more consults before I commit. I was wondering if those of you who have had TT or LBL could let me know who you used. I am especially interested if anyone has had both a TT and hernia repair at same time. I do not qualify for insurance help for the TT so will be self pay for that part. I am not interested in traveling out of the country( due to the hernia) and would to stay in Washington. I should of been hopping on this sooner; I am hoping for surgery this summer; July or August.
Thanks!

Mary

Mary, RNY, October 2004

Helen_Anne
on 4/13/09 10:43 am - Bremerton, WA
Mary....

Thoma Meeks MD in Bremerton gave a really good presentation for the WLS meeting in Bremerton. His phone number is  360-479-4370

He did specialized training to do body restructing after WLS.  I am a bit of a surgeon snob... since I work for a Seattle hospital... but I was really impressed by this guy.

i was really impressed by his pre-op nutrition plan... he has his patients take extra supplements before and after,  and he also does a complete physical in the intial visit.

I am not sure about the insurance issue... but he is definately someone to check out.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

morgansmommy
on 4/14/09 12:16 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
Helen,
Thanks for the information. I called his office and spoke with a very nice person who was able to answer alot of my questions. I have to get this hernia asized on Thursday with my PCP before I can go much farther. If it is too big I will have to be done in a hospital versus a surgery center.
Thanks again!
Mary

Donna Childress
on 4/13/09 11:36 am - Maple Valley, WA
Wow Mary - four and a half years out and ready for plastics!  Wonderful! 

About 5 years ago I nearly 100 pounds with Weigh****chers.  I kept most of it off for over 3 years.  I had a big "skirt" hanging from my belly that covered my crotch.  It was hurting my back!  I tried to get my insurance to cover it with documented proof of back problems from my back doctor.  Insurance still wouldn't pay for it. 

I finally self paid and I went to Dr. Christopher Nyte in Maple Valley.  I had a tummy tuck with "skirt" removed, had liposuction on my hips and butt, and had some of my face "jowels" removed and a couple other proceedures done.  Dr. Nyte and his staff were very friendly and I don't have a single complaint.  His follow-up care was also excellent.

Dr. Nyte trained under Dr. Tony/Elmer Magnabout who works out of Tukwilla (Southcenter area).  I went through junior high and highschool with Tony.  His real first name is Elmer, but he always hated that name.  I hope I spelled his last name correctly.  If you can't find his name in the phone book - let me know and I'll find it for you.  Tony graduated from Chief Sealth High School in West Seattle at the top of our class in 1971.  Tony was/is a great friendly guy and has been performing plastic surgeries of all kinds for many years.  From what I know he is one of the very best in the United States.  The reasons I chose Dr. Nyte over Dr. Magnabout is:  Dr. Nyte trained under Tony and I had great confidence in both of them as Doctor's.  Dr. Nyte had just moved his practice to Maple Valley - I was his first patient in Maple Valley and he gave me a good deal, Dr. Nyte was using the newly remodeled and newly re-opened Snoqualmie Hospital just outside of North Bend, Washington (also quite close to my home), and boy did I get all their undivided attention, and Dr. Nyte got me in very quickly for my surgery.  No big waiting line.  It was great - I'm not a fan of huge huge hospitals.  Dr. Nyte's practice has picked up greatly, he has an excellent reputation, but I still believe you can probably get your surgery quicker than with Dr. Magnabout.  I would trust my life and my body with either of them.

My only problem was after another year or so after my plastic surgery I had a MAJOR family crises, got severely depressed and gained all my weight - plus more back!  I still have a fairly flat lower tummy and all my excess weight has moved higher up around my waist!  Have trouble finding pants that will stay up because my waist is so big and my lower tummy, thighs, and hips are smaller! 

I'm at the end now of my insurances 6 month doctor documented weight loss requirement, am submitting my second insurance appeal this Thursday or Friday and am PRAYING  that they will not turn me down for my Roux-en-Y surgery with Dr. Ki Oh this time.

If you do use Dr. Nyte, please do tell him Donna Childress referred you to him.  Who knows, if I can swing it after I get my weight loss surgery and can do as well as you in the four years or so afterwards I may be able to afford, by then, an upper belly, and boob lift!  I would do it in a minute if I had the $$$$.

If I can be of any further help to you - let me know.  My phone number is:  (425) 432-0156 if you want to talk to me personally about these surgeries and my experiences.

Donna/ragadolly

morgansmommy
on 4/14/09 12:19 pm - Gig Harbor, WA
Donna,
Thank you for the information it was very helpful! I will keep my fingers drossed for you on your appeal letter to the insurance company. Congratulations on all the pre surgery requirements you have accomplished. I gained weight prior to surgery; one too many last meals!
Mary

Most Active