Greater Seattle Support Group Meeting

Christine Gibson
on 4/14/09 3:21 am - Redmond, WA
            GREATER SEATTLE SUPPORT GROUP MEETING

Everyone  and I truly mean everyone is invited to come to our regularly scheduled support group meeting for the North West Weight Loss Surgery Support Group. 

Date:   Thursday April 16, 2009
Place:  Kirkland Fire Station #22
              6602 108th Avenue NE
              Kirkland WA 98033
Time:   7:00 p.m. -- 9:00 p.m.

RSVP: E-mail me at [email protected] to send me a note letting me know you are able to come!   You can always reach me at 425-885-2634. 

Thanks to everyone for all their prayers and support for me during my own health-challenged times which derailed me several months ago.  My heart stopped beating.  I woke up on the floor with my forehead split open,.  I was  hospitalized receiving a pace maker and then my life was fouled because I got a terrible inner ear imbalance. 

For quite a while I truly thought my own life as I've known it was over because I truly could not function as any normal human should be able to function.  The pace maker works great!  It was just my inner ear which wasn't working great!  And, my issues had nothing to do with the weight loss surgery I had 12-30-04.  All I could do was sleep, and sleep -- I did.  When I was awake, I went about in a fog.  My head constantly swam.  I was so dizzy.  I couldn't drive.  I couldn't think.  I could do .... nothing.  Nothing at all.  Absolutely nothing.

That terrible time is over!  Praise God!  Thank you again, and praise God so many of you kept praying for me and my recovery!  I truly needed all your prayers.

I'm back in the saddle, and still motivated to be the best I can ever be.  Since late last week, I have been awakening each day without any medical issues.  The fog has lifted!  I am so grateful to be alive and able to get back to my life serving and helping each one of you!  I'm sure many of you can relate to issues like this!  But, we are a wonderful group of supportive folks, and we're truly here for each other.  Again, I say, thank you for all your support you have so lavishly granted me in my own time of need.

I plan to continue to champion an independent weight loss surgery support group which is not tied to any one doctor or any one hospital or any one type of weight loss surgery!   I plan to continue to blog information I find is useful, accurate, and good information to know -- resources, at my website:
www.obesityhelp.com/group/BellevueWA.  I know I am behind in the postings I've promised for our website, listing resources I've found helpful.  I'll bring this resource information to this Thursday's meeting at the Kirkland Fire Station #22.  It is sort of across the street from Houghton Square or whatever it is called in Kirkland.  See you then!

I've missed being able to stay in touch with everyone.  I am truly much better and looking forward to continuing to challenge weight loss freedom to and for everyone!  Together, we truly are a help to each other.  No one is alone.  Absolutely no one.  We are here for each other.  Always know that.  I do and I am so eternally grateful to all of you.

See you Thursday evening.

Blessings,
Christine Gibson
                Christine Gibson, MS, MA
       ObesityHelp Support Group Leader and Support Group Coach
               Bariatric University Suport Group Coach
               www.ObesityHelp.com/group/BellevueWA
               [email protected]
maxs_mom
on 4/14/09 5:27 am - Auburn, WA
I'm so glad you posted this, Christine!  Your ears must have been ringing because I was talking about you just the other day!  I will be there!

Amy

seattledeb
on 4/15/09 2:04 pm
That's quite a medical experience. I'm glad to read that you are doing better!
Deb T.
Most Active