April 20th

dewy3
on 4/14/09 4:18 pm - Rochester, WA
I can't believe that my surgery date is almost here.  I have tried to stay really busy this week so that I don't get too nervous but it is not working.  I keep thinking I am forgetting to do something but I don't know what it is.  I just hope that Monday goes smoothly and I can get back home to my kids.  They are teenagers and don't have a problem being home without me but I will miss being home with them.  Thanks for letting me ramble for a bit.

Cherryl

maxs_mom
on 4/14/09 6:12 pm - Auburn, WA
Cheryl:

It was nice seeing you tonight at Dr. Srikanth's meeting.

You are ready,  You will be fine.  You will succeed.

I am excited for you!

Amy

FabBy50 .
on 4/14/09 11:35 pm - Everett, WA
Hi Cherryl
 Good luck, it will be here before you know it and then you will be sitting on the losers bench!!  Tomarrow will be one month for me and I can't believe it has went so fast. I wish you a speedy next few days and a pain free surgery!!
Bernadette
maz
on 4/15/09 2:33 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Cherryl,

Am so excited for you with your upcoming surgery. Maybe your not so nervous as you are excited and eager for a new chapter in your life to begin. Hope you are able to find peace within to calm your nerves before surgery. I will be thinking of you and your family as we all wait for your return home from a complication free and smooth surgery.

Take Care & Huggggs
Marilyn
Pre Op Weight: 750lbs 2002
Roux En Y January 24 2003
Lowest Weight Post Op: 477lbs 2003
Last weight: 574.2lbs Feb 23 2009

Donna Childress
on 4/15/09 3:20 am - Maple Valley, WA
Cheryl,

Hang in there.  You're almost there!  I'm sure there will be many angels watching over you during surgery and many of us will be praying for you.  I can't wait until my surgery date is set, and then comes.  I'm still making insurance appeals - but am very hopeful this time around!  I know I will be as nervous as you are - seems like everyone is before surgery - and then when it's over everyone I have met says they would do it again in a second!

I just saw that Amy posted a message looking for people to do the Puyallup Spring Fair with her on Sunday.  Why don't you check out her email (just posted a few hours ago) and join us for a fun friend filled relaxing day of slow walking, lots of sitting, and lots of looking, talking, and more.......that might help you to relax.

Best of luck to you!

ragadolly/Donna

Forevrtaja
on 4/15/09 7:42 am
Good luck on your upcomming day!!  I'm a newbie to this but each is getting better.
I am not saying good-bye to food, but just setting new boundaries in our relationship 

HW/SW/CW/GW
404/387/212/199
Fleur de Lis TT with Hernia repair 8/20/2010.  13 lbs of skin removed!
dewy3
on 4/15/09 5:22 pm - Rochester, WA
Thanks everyone.  I am nervous and yet completely happy beyond belief.  During the day I am staying really busy but once my kids go to bed I am sort of lost.  I have been playing the Wii and surfing the net to keep myself busy.  I am so looking forward to going to the loser's bench.

Cherryl

Cheryl N.
on 4/16/09 6:29 am - Des Moines, WA
Don't be nervous!  But easier said than done!  You are in good hands of Dr. Landers.  Overlake is AWESOME hospital.  Hope you get the room facing east.  Very beautiful view and maybe catch the sunrise!  I was bummed that there was no sunrise the next day! :(

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

dewy3
on 4/16/09 9:58 am - Rochester, WA
Thanks.  I am really looking forward to it and get this part over with.  I am not fond of hospitals and when I know I am going to have to spend the night it tends to make me even more nervous.  At least my husband and my brother will be there with me.  A couple really good friends of ours are also planning to be there.  They will be a great comfort to me and to my husband while he waits.

Nopenname
on 4/17/09 4:21 am - Tacoma, WA
Whoo, high five.

You'll do great!

I'll be in surgery while they're fixin to kick your butt out of the hospital to go home I'm sure. ^_~

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

Most Active