Missing my Washington peeps!!

Annie B.
on 4/11/09 8:49 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hello! I have been missing you guys like crazy over here!! Though, I am on my way to starting a support group here - hopefully I can find some people to attend LOL.

I am kinda drugged up right now, LOL, so forgive me if I've already updated you guys on this...I found out a few weeks ago that I have an ulcer in my pouch. Seems like the medicine I'm taking for it does nothing.  Have been having a lot of pain - ulcer and other stomach area type pain. I even ended up in the ER Wednesday night...what fun LOL. Thankfully my heart was good and no blood clots (I was having chest pain). They sent me home drugged up on morphine.

Because of the pain, they also gave me some Vicodin, so I take that when the pain is really bad (like this evening). I went to my PCM and he thinks it's probably GI related - possibly ulcer related. SO now I have to wait to get in to see the guy that did the scope...anyway, evil pain.  Thankfully they DID give me something for it...so that eases some of it when I need it. I just have to make sure I don't have to be functional...it really kicks my butt - I have a very LOW drug tolerance.

Anyway, I am down to 147.4 pounds!! That's very exciting! That is a total loss of 167.6 pounds from my high weight of 315!! It's mind boggling!  I went from wearing a size 26/28 jeans and a 4-5x shirt to now fitting into several brands of size 4 jeans (even SQUEEZED into a pair of 2's from Old Navy today - though still a bit too tight to wear LOL), and wearing some Mediums and Small shirts (some brands though L is still best - because of the extra skin)...I just bought the prettiest dress for Easter - and it's a size 8...how fun!!  I actually like to shop now...it's fun to try things on because they fit and look decent...heck...some even look GOOD.

Anyway, other than this pain...which hopefully we'll figure out WHAT that's all about, things are going really well!!  But i surely do miss you guys! You have NO idea!  Though I do love the sunshine here in SC...I DO NOT miss the rain.  I do have to say, the beaches here in SC have NOTHING on the Oregon coast - my all time favorite place IN THE WORLD - yes, I even love the Oregon coast more than Disney (did I just really say that?). I went to Myrtle Beach a while back and was sorely dissapointed. I just need to change my expectations of the beach here. LOL

Anyway!  Just wanted to give a brief update and say hi to everyone over here...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

curiousasacat
on 4/11/09 8:53 am - WA
Oy, ulcers....  that's no fun... but hey congrats on getting down to 147!! whoohoo!  size 2-4 pants   !! wowwww glad to hear from you Annie!

Annie B.
on 4/11/09 9:23 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Kelly! You're doing amazing yourself! Wow!!

Helen_Anne
on 4/11/09 9:20 am - Bremerton, WA
Annie..

Sorry to hear that your are struggling with an ulcer...  I hope the Doctor's figure out what they do for your tummy soon...

I have to agree with you about the Oregon Coast.. It has been way to long since I have been down to the coast.

Happy Easter...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Annie B.
on 4/11/09 9:24 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks, Helen! I hope the drs can figure it all out soon too...it's not been the most fun time!

Have a great Easter too!!

val_aiken
on 4/11/09 11:02 am - Port Angeles, WA
Hi Annie! I just moved from SC to WA after living in SC (Aiken) for 16 years.  I am so glad to be out of there.  You might find you like the beaches better on Hilton Head or on the outter banks of N. Carolina.  The only things I miss is my son and his family.  I hope you feel better soon.
Val

Annie B.
on 4/11/09 11:25 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks Val! Are you enjoying the WA weather over the SC weather? I am SO happy to be where it's generally warmer - I am just SO cold all the time. Today my friend told me "It's 75 degrees in this house and you're wearing a sweater!" She figured I would only be warm/ok if it's 80+ degrees. I think she's right LOL. Even then I'll probably still be wearing a sweater. I would definitely like to get down to Hilton Head sometime. I need to plan a family trip to the beach this summer...stay a week or something fun like that...just need to figure out the BEST place to do that - maybe a place that's a little bit LESS touristy...or is there such a place? Where would you recommend? We don't mind driving a few hours or so if needed...

val_aiken
on 4/11/09 11:46 am - Port Angeles, WA
I could no longer stand the heat.  When we left last June it was 106 with 100 % humidty.  I enjoyed the snow we have received in Dec.  I just never feel cold (that might change when I have surgery.
I lived on Hilton Head for several months. I rented a one bedroom apt right on the beach.  I prefer the beaches in North Carolina (more rugged and less tourist) Myrtle Beach is awful.  I do liked Pawleys Island.
To find really good deals on vacation rentals go to www.vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner)  Have you been down to CHarleston yet or Savannah?  I like Charleston better.  Savannah does the best St Patrick day celebration.
What part of WA are you from?  We are in Port Angeles.
Val

Annie B.
on 4/13/09 12:00 pm, edited 4/13/09 12:00 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Thanks! I will check it out! I have not been down to Charleston or Savannah yet...but dh's brother just got stationed near Savannah, so we'll probably be going down there this summer to visit.

Most Active