I survived my first bike ride!!!

Helen_Anne
on 4/15/09 1:29 am - Bremerton, WA

The Ride is the Cycle the Wave  on Sept 20  An all women's bike ride benefeting Eastside Domestic Violence Program.

The website is www.cyclethewave.com   there is a kick off event on May 7... and there is training for all levels.

Girly Girl ride 25 miles

Middle Sister 40 miles

Burley Girl  62 miles 

All of the  bike ride routes start in the Issaquah area.. and each route is different.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

kittykatzmom
on 4/12/09 12:04 pm - Mason co., WA
Hi Helen
 I have been MIA for awhile,  you look great  and good job on the bike, I havent been on one in years, dont know if my hiney could handle it.

Keep up the great work

Cindy

~Cindy~

Helen_Anne
on 4/13/09 1:46 am - Bremerton, WA
Cindy...

HAPPY BELATED SURGIVERARY!!!!  Congrats on your weight loss.

So far my hinny is doing pretty good... its my lower back and legs definately feel the effects of the ride.

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

seattledeb
on 4/12/09 6:01 pm
That's one of my goals as well...I'm so happy you were able to do this! Last time I was a bike rider ( a looong time ago) I was amazed how quickly I was able to pick up the miles. You may be ready for the 40 before you know it.
Congrats again..Debra
KARA_TOP
on 4/13/09 8:28 am - richland, WA
Congratulations!!!!!  I rode mine half a block (its a start), I have to work up to more.  I used to LOVE bike riding, I am hoping I will again.

All time highest: 370
Started this process: 343
Day of surgery: 281
Current: 150
Goal: 140'ish
Wow thats alot of info
Starting Over
on 4/13/09 1:04 pm
Yay for bike riding!
If anyone ever wants to go I usually ride the green river and interurban trails in Renton and you're welcome to join. It's such great exercise!
Helen_Anne
on 4/14/09 12:31 pm - Bremerton, WA
I am going to take up on this... but I need to get a better bike rack so that I don't have to take the front tire off and stuff my bike into the back seat of my car...

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

Connib
on 4/14/09 12:51 pm - Vernon , Canada
When I had the first band 18 years ago, biking was my passion, I would ride 20 miles a day. I loved being out and it was such freedom. Sadly due to my knee replacement 20 miles will not be something I can do, but I hope once my weight is down I can ride some.
Keep up the awesome work and enjoy.
Conni
Most Active