My Mom

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/11/09 4:49 pm - Buckley, WA
Thank you Lisa . It's a terrible time . But , it helps that so many people care . It's always amazing how selfless some people are in times like these .

m0mmy0f3
on 4/11/09 10:50 am
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm certain she'll be with you on Easter! You're in my thoughts and prayers!
PinkFlamingoes
on 4/11/09 4:50 pm - Buckley, WA
Thank You . Easter was always a special holiday for us .

Beetle
on 4/12/09 1:02 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Oh Kathy, I am so sorry to hear this!
Last time we heard about your Mom things were sounding rather positive, you must have had high hopes that she was getting better.

You're in my thoughts  :-(

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/12/09 6:50 am - Buckley, WA
Thanks Karin . Yes , I'd hoped she would improve enough to go out to lunch with her friends a few more times . I knew she wouldn't fully recover , because when anyone with emphasema gets pnuemonia , they never get back to where they were before the infection . She had it twice , in a short period of time . She also had internal bleeding somewhere , so was severely anemic . I'd hoped we'd have her a little longer .

Nicki H.
on 4/12/09 2:18 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I am so sorry for your loss.  Good Sam Onc is awesome!  I worked there many years ago....glad to hear they are still going strong. 

Just knowing that your mom and dad are together again is reason enough to smile.  No more heartache for her...she is still with you, just not in the physical aspect anymore. 

Take your time to grieve.  We'll be here....

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/12/09 6:57 am - Buckley, WA
Thank you Nicole . I know Mom & Dad are together . I'm going to put a picture of their wedding picture on my first post . They were beautiful .
Good Sam Oncology was by far the best foor in the hospital . They were so gentla & accomodating . They made it all a little easier . That says a lot . If anyone I loved had cancer , I wouldn't hesitate to have them go there . And I'm picky .

Mdae
on 4/12/09 3:51 am
very sorry for your loss.
PinkFlamingoes
on 4/12/09 7:13 am - Buckley, WA
Thank you . I appreciate everyones kindness .

Sheryl R.
on 4/12/09 4:21 am - Buckley, WA
<<>>> hugs to you!  I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing.  It doesn't seem to matter how much we try to prepare ourselves, it hurts no matter what.  I'll be praying for you and your family.

Sheryl

Only "obese" now!

Most Active