My Mom

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/10/09 2:16 pm, edited 4/12/09 7:12 am - Buckley, WA
After many years of suffering , my wonderful Mom has gone to join my Dad . I'm totally broken hearted , but I know she's healed now . She passed away on April 8th . She went into the hospital on April 5th & I knew this was the last time . My sister , my son & I were with her the whole time . Friends & family came alot . They put her in a room in oncology , so we could come & go at all hours , which was a blessing . The staff at Good Sam were so loving , especially on the oncology ward .
I'm not sure how much i'll be on-line . There's so much to do , not counting grieving . If you still have your moms & dads , hug them close . I don't know how i'm going to get through this . We were very close .
Sorry this is such a bummer message . I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter . Have a kid bite off a bunny ear for me . xoxox Kathy

MDwedding.jpg July 13 1957 image by kathleen61

kakkling
on 4/10/09 2:27 pm - Tac, WA

Kathy,
I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Take care of yourself.
Kelly
P.S. I am sure my grandson will love to bite off a bunny ear for you!

PinkFlamingoes
on 4/10/09 3:18 pm - Buckley, WA
Thank you Kelly . Easter is a special time , especially with little ones around .

Dapme
on 4/10/09 2:35 pm - kingwood, TX
Kathy,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I am sure your Mom will be watching over you!

Denise
PinkFlamingoes
on 4/10/09 3:19 pm - Buckley, WA
Denise , i'm sure you're right . Thanks so much .

Kathy P.
on 4/10/09 2:47 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Kathy, As you may recall, I lost my dad in December.Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. How beautiful that your father was there to meet her.You will get through, after all the details are handled, be good to yourself and give yourself time to grieve . God bless you- Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
PinkFlamingoes
on 4/10/09 3:26 pm - Buckley, WA
Kathy , I lost my Dad , who I was very close to , in 1998 . I have no doubt they're together , now . Probably dancing .
Unfortunatly , There are many complicated details to take care of , along with grieving . I know she's in a better place & not suffering anymore . I'm glad of that . But , I don't think you're ever ready to lose your parents .

kschroeder
on 4/10/09 2:52 pm, edited 4/10/09 2:52 pm
My heart goes out to you......Losing a parent is so difficult and painful....but at the same time the heartbreak is unbearable, the special gift of the Easter season will remind you and your family of the wonderful promise your mother is now experiencing.  Please take care of yourself.  These were the most difficult days of my life, and it has changed my perspective every day since (sometimes even for the better).  I wish for you healing and comfort.

ks
PinkFlamingoes
on 4/10/09 3:31 pm - Buckley, WA
I almost expected my mom to hang on till Easter . Easter was a very special day for her & I . I was with my mom the whole time , in the hospital . Her passing was very peaceful . Which i'm very thankful of . She knew where she was going & so did I . But it hurts all the same . Thank you for your beautiful words . Kathy

Helen_Anne
on 4/10/09 3:26 pm - Bremerton, WA
Kathy...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss... you and your family will be in my prayers...

I am so glad you could be with your mom until the end.... and that the hospital was so accomodating...

My husband gratefully will not only bite off an ear... but he will eat both ears off a chocolate bunny for you! 

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Most Active