DS Meeting...11Apr...Tukwila....

Dapme
on 4/7/09 4:46 am, edited 4/7/09 4:48 am - kingwood, TX
Hi everyone.

Just a reminder. Our montly DS Meeting will take place this Saturday 11Apr.

If you are interested in the DS or would just like to speak to folks who have had it...

Please drop in!

It takes place at the Sizzler in Tukwila and in begins at 3pm.  (back room).

Look foward to seeing some old and new faces.

Denise
maxs_mom
on 4/7/09 5:06 am, edited 4/7/09 5:15 am - Auburn, WA

Yea, Denise!  Thank you so much for posting this reminder!  As everyone in my family is currently ill (with some variety of yucky gunk) I may not be going to Aberdeen this weekend which means I would be able to attend!

I wanted to comment/chime in on your reminder to let others know that while this is formally a "DS" group, anyone who is capable of respecting the individual choices made by others regarding bariatric surgery options is welcome and will be embraced with open arms.  This group truly gets that "support is support is support". 

I had the VSG in Nov and attended last month's Sizzler meeting (I like saying "Sizzler" because I lengthen the "S" into a snakelike sound which prompts me to put a finger on my rump and make an even more exaggerated sizzling sound because I am so damn hot...I'm weird, you knew that, right?) and had a wonderful time!  It was a terrific introductory experience and I look forward to continued participation. 

~Namaste~

Amy

Kathy H.
on 4/8/09 2:03 pm - Kent, WA
ahhh, Amy. I'm sorry you won't be there this month!

Yeah, it's a great group of people. It's usually unstructured ... a much more casual meeting that some of the others I've been to. More like a social hour with lots of information flying around. I've learned more and felt more supported there than anywhere else.

I'm sorry to hear about your family's yuck, Amy. Keep yourself well, and be there next month in my place, okay? Keep my seat warm for me!

xoxoxo

Kathy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Judy O.
on 4/7/09 8:11 am - Tacoma (Parkland), WA
Looking forward to seeing everyone, and I actually will get to eat real food this time!! :)
Kathy H.
on 4/8/09 1:59 pm - Kent, WA
YAYYYYYY!!!!

I can't wait. We'll have a few new post-ops, this time, and I got my date!!

Did I mention I got my date???

I know of at least one brand new person that'll be there. AND.... eeeeek! I've extended an invitation to a woman at work who's scheduled to have a lap band on the 20th! I don't know if she'll come, but she needs to. Her BMI is over 50 and she has type 2 diabetes. Two excellent reasons to know what ALL your options are before being wheeled into surgery.

HEY....  I got my date!

~grin~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vitalady
on 4/10/09 1:22 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
So..... did you get your date? I hope you got your date! I know you have not taken a deep breath for months!

Soon you guys really WILL Be twins.

Once you get a date, of course!

(congrats!)

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Kathy H.
on 4/10/09 1:30 pm - Kent, WA
nah... she'll always be taller and cuter than me.

BUT... and this is important... I can tie a cherry stem into a knot inside my mouth with my tongue.

AND ... I can fold a dollar bill into a dress shirt. Or a bow tie, if you're on your way to a formal occasion.... your choice.

~winning smile~

vitalady
on 4/10/09 1:42 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94

How COULD I have missed so MANY talents. You are the entertainment for our May meetings, k?

You'll always be twins to me. Both cute. Both tall.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

maxs_mom
on 4/11/09 2:13 am - Auburn, WA
I will be staying in town this weekend.  My mother just called to let me know she was sick (re-sick - she sounded terrible).  So, I'll be coming to the SSSSSSSSSSSSizzler (and bringing Joel).  It's going to be a full on date night; we're going to a movie afterwards (he just told me I'm a cheap date because we'll share a meal at the restaurant and then we're going to the $2.00 cinema in Federal Way to see "Slumdog Millionaire").  "Dinner" with friends followed by a movie...what a great Saturday afternoon/evening!  Thank you Easter bunny - bawk bawk!

Amy

Most Active