Miserable since Thursday

maz
on 4/4/09 3:53 pm - Puyallup, WA
I went to the YMCA 3 times this past week in trying to get back on track. Monday, Tuesday (I fell in the shower), Wednesday I skipped and Thursday I went with intentions of going Friday. However my body had other plans.  Thursday night I got so sick I put my oxygen on upstairs because I was having a hard time breathing from like the middle of my chest just below my breast. I finally came downstairs to rest and hadn't eaten yet so tried to drink a protein shake but couldn't finish all of it then tried to eat a little bit of rice with a cup of tea. I only managed a few bites and a few sips of tea. I was asleep before 9pm. Then around 2:30am I woke up my cheeks, ears felt like they were burning up. I wasn't able to use my cpap because I was having a hard time breathing through my nose and struggling to breathe through my mouth. I remembered a support group meeting I went to in Auburn showing us how to breathe from the diaphragm(sp) and I tried but I couldn't get myself to breathe normally. It reminds me of a panic attack. So I got up to go to the bathroom and discovered why my back, stomache and sides were in so much pain. My time of the month. So I took a luke warm shower and tried to go back to sleep. I woke up every half hour to go to the bathroom and to resoak the cold washcloth I had over my head until 6am when I was able to just sleep.

Tonight my pains and fever's all gone now I'm just having a hard time breathing normally. My breaths feel very shallow and I feel like I'm struggling to breathe through my mouth. Which is how I feel most comfortable breathing. I'm going to see if I can handle through till Monday then call and make an appointment to go see my doctor. If not. I'll probably go into Good Samaritan in Puyallup. A paprt of me thinks I'm just having a bad anxiety attack. I had a counseling appointment on Thursday afternoon and from there combined with Mother Nature's help and my weight I'm not feeling so good. Anyone have problems like this? I want to have a good nights rest.

Night.
Marilyn
Pre Op Weight: 750lbs 2002
Roux En Y January 24 2003
Lowest Weight Post Op: 477lbs 2003
Last weight: 574.2lbs Feb 23 2009

LisaAnn
on 4/4/09 3:58 pm - WA
I am so sorry you are going through all of this! My gut instinct tells me to tell you to go to the hospital, NOW. Breathing difficulties are nothing to play around with. if it turns out to be just anxitey, then they will give you anti anxiety meds and send you on your way, but if it is a true breathing problem, you will get the proper treatment.

I will be checking back...but please go to the hospital!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

Donna Babcock
on 4/5/09 1:47 am - Kingston, Canada
Sorry to hear your not feeling well but it sounds like you need to go to the hospital. I wouldn't wait around for your appointment. Let us know how you make out.....Take care!

Amy R.
on 4/5/09 10:52 am
Marilyn,

PLEASE do consider going to the ER.  "Breathing problems" many times mask HEART problems and that is nothing to mess around with.  If you're okay and they just send you home with anti-anxiety meds, well, no harm no foul, and at the very least you'll feel better.

Please consider going to the hospital ASAP and let us know what they say.....

amy
m0mmy0f3
on 4/6/09 5:37 am
I am so sorry to hear this!! I'm a little late checking this board so I hope you're ok now!! I agree with the others that you need to get this checked out, but I sometimes have this problem and it's due to anxiety (I don't want to say yours is just in case it's way more serious though!!) Usually a shower, and getting my mind on some other thing (like watching a funny or engaging tv program will help me), then I'm not so focused on my breathing and it takes care of itself.... Anyway, please go get this checked out and let us know how you're doing now!
Christy
Most Active