I guess I'm the newbie..... lol

Angie B.
on 4/2/09 2:42 pm - Seaside, OR
    I'm Angie, 43 yrs old, mom of 4 great kids.  I am scheduled for lap RNY on 4/24 in Vancouver,WA with Dr. Emma Patterson.   I'm a little scared, but overall really excited to finally have gotten this far.  My husband had open RNY about 6 yrs ago, so I'm very familiar with issues I will face.   I work full time and my employers are being great about making this as easy as possible and are very supportive.  My coworkers are also very supportive and I think maybe some are a little jealous and wishing it was them scheduled for surgery.  I think they're watching me to see how I do with it all before they look into it for themselves.  
    I've been reading here for a couple months, but this is my first time posting.  I figured I'd better just jump in with both feet.     I'm looking forward to getting to "know" you all.
                                                                                                Angie
Hislady
on 4/2/09 2:53 pm - Vancouver, WA
I believe Dr. Patterson is in with my surgeon, Dr. Dally, they are a great group and also have a very good support group both pre and post op. Best of luck on your surgery!
Angie B.
on 4/2/09 3:09 pm - Seaside, OR
Thanks!   You're right,  they are part of the same group.   Dr. Patterson works more out of Portland, but she has been very highly recommended to me by several people so I was willing to wait a little longer to have her as my surgeon.   I'm glad to know there is someone else from Vancouver here. 
jillianD
on 4/3/09 12:13 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Nice to meet you!!  It is great that you have so much support.  It won't be long now till your surgery.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Beetle
on 4/3/09 3:50 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Hello Angie, and welcome!

I guess all your lurking finally convinced you that we don't bite  :-)

Good luck with your journey.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Helen_Anne
on 4/3/09 11:08 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome to the Washington Board... there is lots of great support here...

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Most Active