my nerves are getting to me !!!

nikkigreen
on 4/2/09 2:19 pm

HELP!!!

I have my pre op  at madigan tomorrow!!! and my surgery is on the 8th and i am s nervous!!! why??? i want this. did this happen to any of you. i have so many questions for the doc. and i hope the doc can calm my nerves.

nikki

jillianD
on 4/3/09 12:25 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

I think its ok to be nervous.  You are getting ready to undergo a life changing surgery!  Relax though Dr Carter is awesome!! 

Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

rebeccaford
on 4/4/09 3:51 pm - Honolulu, HI
I just had my preop with Dr. Carter last week.  They called me back, ask why you are there - which I find odd...get some vitals and then you go into the exam room.  I was interviewed first by an intern or PA in training.  Then Dr. Carter came in.  I had met with him twice earlier (I'm a revision from VBG to RNY) so it wasn't as scary as if I had never met him before.  He took as much time as I wanted to ask questions and all that.  I know it's a big step, but you will feel comfortable with him.  He went over from the time I get to Surgical Services on the day of my surgery, what will happen in pre-surgery, stuff about the anesthesia, recovery room...how long you'll be in the hospital and all of that.  So he'll give you a lost of info.  Keep your questions written down or you'll forget.  I'm glad I wrote mine down. After that you are off to Surgical services to fill out more paperwork, get blood work done, go over everything with the anesthesia guy, and then see the RN who tells you what you can and can't take before your surgery...all of that info.  Then she'll give you a few pieces of paperwork and you'll drop it off at the admissions dept and there they will set up a file for you and you are done!  I went in at 9:30am and was out by 1:00pm. 

I feel like I'm an old pro with the whole gastric surgery thing.  I'll hobble down and see you after your surgery. All bariatric patients are in 7 North.  

Good luck.. You will be in good hands.

Rebecca 
Most Active