weight loss after the band

FabBy50 .
on 3/30/09 11:44 pm - Everett, WA
Hi everyone

I wanted to write and ask if anyone else had these feelings. I was banded 15 days ago and I lost 13 pounds so far but it has practically stopped. My major loss was the first week. Did anyone else have all of the what if feelings?? I guess Im getting impatient, I want it to come off faster. I can't wait until my first fill, but I still have weeks until that happens. I have no restriction at all right now, The first week I had lots. Oh another question I had was how on earth do you get all your water in when you are supposed to sip sip sip. I usually drink 100 oz of water a day and now Im only getting about 40 oz. I have no trouble gulping water but will that stretch my pouch?

Thanks for any help, Bernadette
Cheryl N.
on 3/31/09 7:46 am - Des Moines, WA

Hi.  I was banded too.  Remember, we banders, lose more slowly than RNY.  where are you on food stage now? 

I had my 1st fill on 3/3 (surgery 1/28).  You will suffer what we call it bandster hell after your stomach is healed up and before your first fill.

I don't think gulping water will hurt the band/pouch.  I drink 4 32 oz of water everyday. 

Why don't you come and hang out with us on lapband forums?  Lots of good people and good answers!  I'm still learning myself!  

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active