frustration/ disappointment

kaiti1965
on 3/29/09 5:18 am - Wenatchee, WA
I have been researching bariatric surgery for yrs now, struggling with my weight for the last 10-12 yrs since the birth of my last child. Only to find out I have PCOS, cushings, Insulin resistence.  Anyways to make a long story short.  Both my husbands and my insurance has specific exclusions for Bariatric surgery, so I reserached trying to do a weight loss study, found one here in Washington, and sadly received a call only to be told my BMI is to high.  by 2 pts.   sigh....   its frustrating and disheartening, when you already know you need the surgery, your doctor supports you in this decision and neither your insurance or a study will help you get there.

Makes a person want to give up... But I keep pluggin along and will figure out a way. As I know it will happen some day.

Thanks for letting me vent and whine.

Kathy
Shelley S.
on 3/29/09 6:54 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I'm so sorry you were turned down for the study, but maybe you can reapply at a later date.  Hang in there and don't give up   ((((hugs to you))))

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/09 8:15 am - .., WA
Isn't there a place that allows you to make payments? There is also "Care Credit" maybe that will be an option for you?

LisaAnn
on 3/29/09 10:27 am - WA
Could you lose the 2 BMI points and then  be in the study? I know that is not that easy!!! But if there is a chance..... I'd say go for it.

DO NOT give up! Have you thought of maybe getting a part time job that does not exclude WLS, and working there til you get your surgery?? Or like the OP suggested, a medical loan??

Praying for you that a new option opens up to you!!!!!

Lisa

229 / 148/ 135
Open DS Surgery with Dr. Martin @ Madigan 
Revision from 2006 - VBG
Hernia repair and tummy tuck - 05/12/2010

kaiti1965
on 3/29/09 10:39 am - Wenatchee, WA
I live in Wenatchee, so jobs are very tight, and I have been looking for a second job.   Im checking into financing but work ft and go to school ft as well.   Thank you, I asked the co-ordinator if I lost the two BMI could I do the study, she stated no.   I have been taking Meridia as my PCP and I discussed it, but so far (only a month) Im not seeing much difference, though Im not hungry often.
jcheryld
on 3/30/09 1:02 pm
That is tough... but keep your eye on the prize! I had lousy insurance coverage for years that never covered surgery, and I contemplated self-pay options. My employer eventually subcribed to a plan that covered surgery (thank goodness) so I'm glad I didn't have to do self-pay... but you know what, it is worth every penny. I wish you luck in getting covered one way or another!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker  

Hit goal 10/31/09!  RNY!!!

Most Active