Auburn Support Group

Nicki H.
on 3/28/09 12:14 pm - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Can someone please tell me when the Auburn Group is meeting this month(April)?
Thanks

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

xkendrax
on 3/28/09 12:57 pm - Yelm, WA

I think it's going to be April 14th.

MySpace: myspace.com/xkendra
Highest: 261 / Surgery (03/11/09): 242.3/ Current: 122.8/ Goal: 105

Beetle
on 3/28/09 1:23 pm - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
I don't actually know the answer, but I bet Kendra is right.

That's because April 14th is also the day for Dr Srikanth's group, and Merrilou's group, etc etc etc.

I have no clue why none of them will budge and pick a day OTHER than the second Tuesday of the month - then we could actually attend more than one.

Guess that makes too much sense  :-(
(can you tell I"m feeling cranky about that?)

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

xkendrax
on 3/28/09 2:21 pm - Yelm, WA

I would like to attend Dr. Srikanth's group, but I'm going to attend Merrilou's in April.  I'm thinking of trying Dr. Srikanth's in May.  Isn't May the clothes exchange?  It annoys me a bit too that I asked to be added to the mailing list for meetings and have not ONCE received an email.   :(

MySpace: myspace.com/xkendra
Highest: 261 / Surgery (03/11/09): 242.3/ Current: 122.8/ Goal: 105

Kathy H.
on 3/29/09 3:33 am - Kent, WA
Hi, Kendra!

You may actually BE receiving it, and you don't know it. When an email has more than, say, 25 people or 50 people in the "To:" field, your email server very well may identify  the mail as junk and route it strait to your spam folder.

Add their email address  ( [email protected] ) to your contact list. I haven't yet received my email for April's meeting, so you'll be able to see if it works.

Kathy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Beetle
on 3/29/09 3:41 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
I'll second what Kathy said about the junk mail.

I have previously emailed the office to explain some problems to them. For example the fact that the subject line was empty and the "from" line simply said INFO. I very nearly deleted it because it totally looked like junk. I also object to having my email address shared with countless strangers, it is VERY bad email etiquette. They need to learn to use the Bcc field, instead, so the addresses remain hidden.

They weren't interested in listening to me.

Perhaps they need a few more people helping to rub their noses in their bad communcation practices before they'll pay attention.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Kathy H.
on 3/29/09 3:35 am - Kent, WA
I'm slightly cranky about it, too, Karin. >:(

I want to be a meeting junkie, and this "second Tuesday" thing is getting in my WAY!! ~laughing~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

vitalady
on 4/10/09 1:35 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Sorry. We've been 2nd Tuesday since 1995. LOL Can't move it if I tried. Some of those 90's ppl pop in to say hi.

But we also do another the next day. They are always together. 2nd Tuesday, and next day. There is no difference, except some ppl attend one of the other 2nd Tuesday and then our Wednesday one. So, all the better, more info to pass around.

7pm in Puyallup. Any doc, any surgery type welcome. Usually there IS no agenda, but this month, Dr. Fox will be our guest BOTH nights.

I've kind of left him open for questions, rather than planning a "speak". Last time we did it, Tuesday night was newer people and he took questions.

Wednesday night was all ppl 5+ years out, so including some revisions. Now THOSE questions were entirely of a different nature, since we were all long term. We asked questions I've not seen posed before and I've been to a LOT of support group meetings. Fascinating.

He has only been in the field since 1963, so he's LIVED the history of bariatric surgery. He is no longer in OR, semi-retired, doing non-surgical wt loss, band fills or whatever. But when he comes here, he's here to "hang with his peeps". Us. That would be the all inclusive, us, of course.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

maxs_mom
on 3/28/09 7:50 pm - Auburn, WA
Nicki H.
on 3/29/09 12:29 am - WA
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
Thank you ladies.  I am finally done with class so I can get back on the "band" wagon...I was going pretty good to various support groups, then the quarter started....it will be great to be back!  Hope to see you all at one of them.  I will probably go to Merrilous b/c I wasn't banded here.....Thanks again!

I delivered 6 weeks early a 5lb 15oz lil boy:)  After spending 2 months on bed rest in the hospital and Mason spending 11 days in the NICU, we're both home and doing great!  Mason is getting bigger and gaining weight like he should.  Now it's my turn to lose this weight!  It's tough to get back on the band wagon...I CAN do this!

Most Active